Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mick Malthouse Fined $10,000

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:39 pm
Post subject: Mick Malthouse Fined $10,000Reply with quote

Malthouse outburst may result in a $10,000 fine

By Karen Lyon

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse faces fines of $10,000 over his criticism of umpires and the suspension of West Coast forward Phillip Matera in the lead-up to Thursday's Anzac Day clash against Essendon.

Yesterday, the AFL wrote to Malthouse asking him to explain his claim that umpires were now under pressure to "nail" players with their evidence at the tribunal, and his criticism of the reporting of players for making contact with umpires.

"We've got a fundamental problem with the umpiring fraternity and until it's resolved, we're going to have more Phil Matera, David Hille and Todd Curley scenarios that are going to penalise the player. How many were deliberate? None," said Malthouse in an official AFL press conference to promote the match.

Malthouse faces two fines of $5000 each, one for criticism of the umpires and another for questioning the tribunal decision

Thats stupid if u ask me, and what about Mr Matthew "Pretty Boy" Llyod went up 2 umpz @ half time yesterday.. how unfair is that .. they changed the rule 2 " NO CAPTIAN , NO COACH , NO PLAYERS" allowed 2 go up 2 the umpz and that pretty boi ? tell why is he allowed? or did he get fined 2 ?

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!

Go Pies!! 2002!!

I@n S 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That diving prick better get fined 2. You can't say anything witout getting into trouble now a days. And what about Kevin Shitheady? He made comments about it 2!
SCREW THE AFL, THEY ARE A JOKE

GO MIGHTY MAGPIES. COMMON ENGLAND WE CAN WIN WC 2002! R.I.P GEORGE HARRISON and JOHN LENNON
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:33 am

Who do the AFL think they are? The AFL are a pack of tossers deadset against any sort or criticism. The AFL are pathetic, where do they get off fining someone for criticism that is warranted? PATHETIC!!!!

JDF
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:54 am

Mick gonna be fined....what for....he only told the truth and if the truth hurts,well its about time that these dickheads that run the AFL think about what they are doing....they are sounding more and more like to NRL all the time.
I thoughtthat all the game was open to critism,or are the AFL such a bunch of WIMPS that they cant handle the truth.
This is supposedly a MANS game not a WIMPS game and they should be able to accept critism and rectify the problem,not hand out fines for the truth.....
come on AFL wakey wakey and give the coaches abit of leeway and fix up the stuff ups.I thought that was what you are there for.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 9:59 am

I wouldnt worry to much for 1 Mick can say what he wants to cause hes last name is Malthouse and second of all, HE WILL JUST GRAB HES SPARE CHANGE OUT OF HES MIDDLE CONSOLE IN THE VOLVO S70!

Or get a loan from MR MCGUIRE! LOL

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:45 pm

It just goes to prove that the umpires and tribunal are neither transparent or accountable. Constructive criticism is something that helps us all recognise our weaknesses and improve them - why are the umpires an exception? I'm the first to admit that you can't expect umpires to be perfect but I do expect them to be consistent. And the fact that NO-ONE in football can even comment on their performances is a complete joke.

GO PIES!
Marg

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:59 pm

I think MM drives a renault now Dan.

Your thoughts are spot on Marg, but the umps are above the law...and the AFL has never been receptive to criticisms, constructive or otherwise.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:22 pm

we have just spent Anzac day remembering those that have fallen for OUR freedom only to have a sporting body act like jackbooted facist!. how much where the AFL fined for dropping Chris Grants medical details to the media?, how much where the AFL fined for dropping Chad Rintoul's so called racial vilivication to the media?? how much where they fined........... the list is endless.
Wayn Jacksons answers are pathetic and just serv to keep himself out of the crap. Demitrue (or how ever it is spelt) answer to the Chris Grants questions where "you have got to expect these things to be leaked" or words to that efect. Lamers!.
Umpires! ARE the biggest blight on the game and should be held upto inspection and if need be to condemnation. are umpires professionals or are they part time?. It makes me bleed to watch any team play football only to have an upire dictate the result of a game. these young PROFESIONAL footballers spend there days honing there skill's, passing up there youth and social lives in the hunt for football glory only to have some umpire stand in there way. Metera deserved 2 weeks but for what he did to Tarks not for keeping his eye on his oponent and have an umpire get in his way, really what is the game about? where are we heading?.
The Draft has to be the second biggest blight on the game, who here has a son who aspires to play for Collingwood?. I do, He's just turned 17 and plays for the U18 Palmerston Magpies up here in darwin, We bleed Black and White around here, IF it turns out he is good enough to get a run what chance has he got of playing for the magpies? not alot with the draft the way it is, He'd prolly end up having to move to perth or sydney or where ever they tell him to go, what right have they to do this? where were they when he was 12, 14 , 16 and busting his guts to be a better footballer? under the old zoning he had a chance if we moved to the rite zone, but apperently only syd and bris can have a zone, I can tell you rite now if he was selected by the filth or the scum he'd be off to play rugby union in a flash rather than to pull on those hated colors!.
If we the public stand up and say somnthing we are fobbed off as wingers by the afl, but when respected poeple like MM and shitdee say something they are fined. how many games of vfl/afl football/choaching has the afl on its board? how experinced are they in THE GAME?.
I say bring back the vfl! Collingwood, filth, scum, poormond would fill as many seats as the rest put together and hand some power back to those thast play the game not to those that are concerned about how much money they can make out of the game.
I am SICK SICK SICK of the crap the afl dishes out on almost a daily bassis, they must have a whole letter writing department!.

Magpiemad

Collingwood for ever and hang the afl!

Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:10 am

10,000 + 15,000 from the appeal = a lot of money we have to cough up due to the AFLs own incompetency

fine yourselves you bastards, you suck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: