Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Flooding to the Max - St Kilda "fan-flood-tastic"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 5:47 pm
Post subject: Flooding to the Max - St Kilda "fan-flood-tastic"Reply with quote

Now living in Sydney and pretty much given no other option bar watching the swanneees at the scg and this leaves one watching a hell of a lot of flooding.

Tonight Sh!t Kilda beat anything that I have EVER seen sydney try and pull off.

At the centre bounce well into the last quarter Suck Kilda had every man and their blow up dolls in syyyyyyydddddddnnnnnneeeeeeyyyyyy's forward 50... ummm, excuse me... suck kilda... hullllooooo.... is that why the swannneees whittled down your 17 point lead to a draw? (and they possibly could have won by a point except the swannees made a stooopid mistake in front of suck kilda goal while trying to run down the clock.)

Good to see that suck kilda have taken the flood to new heights and mastered it while in the process NOT!

suck kilda.... pack up and p!ss off before you totally ruin the game... bunch of good for nothing wannabe, try hards, learn a farken real strategy and stop farkin' around with the flooding... bunch of bloody idiots who couldn't develop a strategy if it bit em clear on the arse, one premiership winning that we probably gave to you out of sympathy you good for nothing useless piece of crap, sh!t kilda suck so bad that not only can you not win a game you can't even lose a game and have to draw using your fan-flood-tastic... and as u can see i am glad you drew with the swines and would have been p!ssing myself if you had lost by a point. suck kilda u give good strategists a bad name go back to synchronised swimming and take your fan-flood-tastic with u. bunch of idiots.

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ck_nd good post....

Actually I was hoping they would win..... (Shit Kilda that is)

I wouldve much rather them win than the swinees.....LOL

Oh Well.... thats the way it goes...

BUT THEY WONT BEAT THE MIGHTY MIGHTY PIES!!!!! (Shit Kilda that is).....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:49 pm

mmm...ok
not sure what game you were watching ck but the saints did it brilliantly. they shut down hall with a double team and effectively played with a roving 'wall,' consisting of up to probably 15 players(and their opponents). a little different than normal flooding in that this 'wall' was structured to float about 40-45 meters sydney side of the play, leaving the saints with hectares of open space for milne to work in on the fat side.it wasnt simply a 'sydney flood' where they stack the back 50....the wall operated all over the ground, occassionally even at sydney kick ins. this caused sydney to go short and wide all night, often backwards, and helped the saints break them open at the turnover. i think your criticism is unwarranted. they did what they needed to do against a superior opponent and with ever mounting injuries and the width of a goal post they almost pulled it off.if ozzie jones had lasted the match they would have pissed it in. expect similar things against the pies. the incident at the end of the game where a centrebounce took place and the saints had no forwards/half forwards or even wingers was the right move by thomas. 5 points up...unknown seconds left. right decision in my mind that just didnt come off as swans finally realised the only way to beat the flood is to kick from outside 50(cresswell). at the resulting centre bounce the swans did exactly the same thing and it saved them from losing the match. i hate flooding as much as the next bloke but it is part of the modern game and if a side is good enough to enforce it and almost knock off a better team than themselves then i dont think we can bag them for it. st kilda at colonial should never be under-estimated and probabaly a good thing for us they didnt get belted tonight as it will make us realise they can topple good sides on their night.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:42 am

good point ramjet21. had sydney belted st.kilda, we would have waltzed to colonial next week thinking it would be a cakewalk, now we have to pay more attention and give more respect.

yeah, I think the saints did exceptionally well given their circumstances - horrendous injuries, dismal performances in their past two games, and virtually no bench by the third or last quarter. what you describe reminds me of the 3-2 zone defence in basketball, very effective in stopping an opposition from scoring, unless they do it from range. this is different from the sydney or carlscum zone, where they get everyone behind the ball.

I can understand st.kilda adopting such negative tactics through necessity, but sydney have no excuses. they have all these resources, concessions and supposed playing personnel, yet they would have to be one of the most boring teams to watch. they are trying to win the sydney market by being an inferior facsimile of a rugby league team.

it would have been a travesty for the fans had the saints lost. I really felt for that kid who hit the post at the death.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:45 am

ck i sense you have a deep seated hate for the St Kilda Football Club. Your descriptions of these worm eating filth i believe was not strongly put enough across to us the readers. I never saw the terms 'worthless pricks', 'maggot munching poofters' or 'low life faarking eaters of their own turds'. i suggest you see a doctor and ask for a blood transfusion, as it seems to me you may be lacking a little under a 100% of Black n White Blood.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:19 am

Actually I recon St.Kilda did the same thing to Sydney as Carlton did to the PIES.It was complete flooding and NO TEAM should be allowed to do it.Actually you cant blame the players,its the COACH....Play proper footy and there is no need for 'flooding'
I recon its the same a cheating,but who is awake to it....God knows?????

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:53 pm

Carol your language amazes me.
I thought you were a lovely girl.

Only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sucked in Sydney. The saints flooding was worse than yours.

Get Smart

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:48 pm

I thought the line about suck kilda being a useless piece of crap made it quite clear how I felt bwphantom!

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: