Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

magpies.net Problems

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:00 am
Post subject: magpies.net ProblemsReply with quote

Yesterday we had a catastrophic failure of the server handling magpies.net. This affected Magpie Mail, tipping and any pages using magpies.net urls. Luckily I'd moved the Northern Army and the W.A. Magpies websites to a new server a couple of days ago, so they were unaffected.

We're slowly pulling it all back together (after 20 hours straight work) and systems are coming back online. Tipping is back, but if you submitted tips between 2:00 pm Thursday and 10:00 pm this morning, they have been lost. Round 5 is closed, but anybody who submitted their tips between those times please email them to me at cst@vision.net.au and I will enter them manually.

The Magpie Mail server is still down, but hopefully will be operational again within a few hours.

I apologise to anyone who may have been inconvenienced, but it really was something outside our control.

Rosewall Woman 3 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your continued endless work and committment to the site, Mike, a job well done and appreciated by all who use/ browse it.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:08 pm

Thank you RW3.

I must admit that it's much easier to be dedicated when you can't tolerate things that don't work properly.

I couldn't possibly have stopped, even if I'd wanted to, until everything was ticking again.

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:17 pm

well i think Mike is a legend for putting so much work into Nicks BB and then giving ownership to the community to boot.

Your efforts are much appreciated Mike (and tonight I strongly suggest that no one argue with me! ref. "Flooding to the Max - St Kilda 'fan-flood-tastic'" post)

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: