Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

matera going down....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:50 pm
Post subject: matera going down....Reply with quote

it doesnt mean much given whats happened to tazza(hopefully an appeal will do some good) but ph.matera is back in front of the tribunal tonight for touching/pushing(??? i didnt see it) an umpire in the game against melbourne. seems the afl is hell bent on protecting its umpires but not its players(lockyer). still, hope the little prick goes for a few.

JiMc 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Matera got 2 weeks........finally

gO pIeS

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:08 pm

I heard that Matera 'only' got 2 weeks coz the contact was 'incidental and unavoidable'. Say what?????? To me it looked as though he deliberately shoved the umpire in the chest as the opposition player was about to play on. In fact, the shove looked worse than when 'Diesel' Williams shoved the umpire and he got 9 weeks.

Go figure...

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:20 pm

Hot off the afl.com web site.

Matera’s third quarter clash with field umpire Ray Kelsey came as the umpire ran in to set the mark after Matera had given away a free-kick to Melbourne defender Matthew Whelan.

Kelsey said contact between the two was avoidable and Matera had room to move around him.

"I must admit I had to work pretty hard to stay on my feet. I put my arms out to balance. I felt the player didn't express a duty of care," Kelsey said.

Tribunal chairman Shane Maguire described the contact as negligent on Matera's behalf. "Phillip Matera knew or ought to have known that the umpire was there."

What a load of crap that is! 2 weeks for deliberately making contact with an umpire, and with video evidence to back the report, and Taz gets the same for a Hawthorn player falling to the ground - as most of them were during the first half - and no evidence to prove otherwise.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: