Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

what do ya think?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:08 pm
Post subject: what do ya think?Reply with quote

Just wondering how many people look in the match forum.?
as there is very little match comment in there.
does anyone actually read anything in there?
Seems a waste of space if nobody uses it except a couple of us.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The perennial question Ed.

We only have two of the original forums (other than this one) left now. Do we need them to be separate? Going on their present usage, they are hardly going to add much traffic to this forum if we close them.

I would like to encourage people like Ed who take the time to submit match reviews and previews. He has raised the question because he obviously feels that he is wasting his time - correct me if I'm wrong Ed.

Opinions please.

ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:53 pm

thats right Mike.
the idea of people putting in match comments is to create discussion and hear other points of view.
The scribe has his or her point of view and the idea is to get comment from those that either agree or disagree each week.

I am a bloke that loves writing,not so much typing,but Im learning.I may be a frustrated author with no book to write.

I really am enjoying putting down my thoughts on a game,now that i can actually see each game for the first time in years.
Dont really care if nobody sees it the way i do,but would like to think we could discuss each game,as after all its the games that count more than anything else to us supporters.
We dont do it for money,we do it because we want to.
just seems a waste of space posting reports where nobody looks.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:20 pm

I always enjoy having a look at Ed's match reports....but as for discussions, its a bit hard for me in some respects as I don't 'see' much of the games...

As for the forum merger...dunno...if we leave it alone, it'll probably stay at low usage, if it's merged, we'll get 8 million match reports in here....sod's law.

Francis Rossi for me...

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:21 pm

Ed, I read your reports every week and enjoy them greatly. I have difficulty in disagreeing with you because you generally write it as it is! Perhaps it's just that no-one takes issue with your comments that gives you the impression that no-one is reading them. Keep up the great work..... Maybe a few more details about the Barbie and the flavour of the stubbies would incite some discussion. I can just see Joffa, for example, getting into a heated discussion over the superiority of Western Australian Unwooded Chardonnays.

Go Pies

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:35 am

I must admit I love all the match review talk (not that you can tell!). Would be great to read everyone's opinions on the match, tactics, umpires (!), players etc.

GO PIES!
Marg

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:15 am

I look forward to your match review Ed.
Maybe a post in General Discussion directing everyone to the match forum every week will remind them till they get hang of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: