Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

mid season gollyfobbles

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 4:49 am
Post subject: mid season gollyfobblesReply with quote

Life goes on,,, even after being savagely cut-up by fickle football fate yet again.

My only glimmer of hope from last Saturday's diabolical catastrophic charade was the sniff of a future player emerging in the person of young Baynes. What I saw of him was impressive for a 19 year old. He's not a collingwood 6 footer either.

Now then ,,,, what really inspired me to pick up my keyboard this morning, was the report on Sav in the ressies,,,,

''I think he can be a ruckman or another alternative at centre half-forward,'' he said. [ ie MM said. ] I remember posting a suggestion (last year) that Sav should be plonked into the Ruck and it was laughed off the board. My astute insight was focussed on the parallel of Salmon <-> Sav and I still believe I'm right. Good to see you've got as much nouse as me Mick,,,

Speaking of the Reserves, it still conflounders me totally, how come there is such a silence surrounding all matters Reserve-like. Come this time of year,, getting thrashed yet again, and mercilessly at that, we start to day-dream about the likelihood of a future in the comp. Let's check out a good write-up on the maggoo's shall we !!!???? NOT. No folks, not even our own hallowed web page could be bothered to provide a few measley columns on the champs of tommorrow. Beats me why !!!! When followed, regularly, the ressies is in fact quite interesting,,, it seems odd, weird in fact,, how little interes most people show in this area,,, all the coaches show interest,,, MM and Ant were there at Arctic Park,,,, it's the nursery of tomorrow.

BTW,,, sorry I've missed you guys on a game-day lately,, I've been spoilt by Australian TV which has had the Richmond, West Coast and Geelong games on successively and as you guys are 2 hours ahead of me, I wanted to watch the game without knowing the results b4hand. I missed the camaraderie during those bleak, gut wrenching encounters.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 4:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Pie No Sauce. Life must go on. You just have to put your black and white beanie on and venture out into the cold (even if your team has lost seven in a row).

I liked what I saw of Baynes as well. I hope they keep him in the team so we can get a better look at him. Does anyone know what his disposal has been like in the Magoos?

I too have always said that Sav should be brought back to peak fitness with extensive runs in the ruck. I am glad that MM agrees with us too.

I made a commitment to follow the ressies closer this year (you get in cheap with a membership). Alas I have not kept that commitment. I have our ressies draw posted on my wall at work, but have only seen a bit of the curtain raisers (Carlton, Richmond). I was hoping that there would be more ressies posts on this bulletin board but they dried up after the first couple of weeks (please post if you attend a Magoos game, even if it is just WHERE it was played and WHEN and the RESULT and THE CROWD SIZE and if possible the BEST PLAYERS). It is not easy to get any of these details. Hopefully this will improve once the VFL web page is up and running. We are supposed to be playing Frankston away this Saturday (if I stay in town I might try and get out there, whereever there is).

Anyway keep the faith. There is nothing else to do.
Nick 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 6:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg

VFL results and ladder are posted on this site each week (as soon as they become available). Nothing fancy just the round-up - scores, goalkickers, best etc.

This weeks results are at: http://magpies.net/nick/rounds/round12.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: