Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Shawry's comments on 3AW

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:17 am
Post subject: Shawry's comments on 3AWReply with quote

Tony Shaw last night said that Collingwood either have to change their game plan - as they do not have the skills to play a possession game - or get rid of the current playing list and start again.
Oh, he also thinks that we shouldn't have re-signed Mick Malthouse because "he is still coaching a WCE early 90's style of game not suited to today".
Well he should know - he's the expert.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 5:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows you how much Shaw knows - MM is coaching nothing like he coached the WCE in the early 90s. He always concentrated on their defence - he certainly doesn't do that at Collingwood!!!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Elvira7 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:03 am

Tony Shaw is a bitter little turd, he's all talk!! All he ever say's is "Collingwood needs to do this and that bla bla bla" He's so full of shit!

He has proven to the football world how successful he is as coach - Took Collingwood to the bottom of the ladder playing the Godden’s, Wild's etc.. & he then has the nerve to talk about a well respected and very successful coach, MM. HAHAHAHHA What an absolute MORON you are Tony!

Honestly, I get really pissed off when listening to him on the radio as he always knocks the PIES! I too listened to him last night on my way home from work and was so close to calling 3AW to give him a piece of my mind! Why waste time with people like that??! Not WORTH IT I SAY!!!!!!!

Elvira - Always Proud & Passionate

[This message has been edited by Elvira7 (edited 16 April 2002).]

pie-no-sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:34 am

What exactly is the attitude of Ed, Balmey etc to the continued excessive criticism by Tony Shaw. I only ever hear it 2nd hand but your report Stiko contains pretty savage stuff. Wonder how his nephew and son feel about it. I for one wish it could be sorted because it is potentially disasterous and in the least is just bad form. Would Jock McHale ever have let an ex-champ and ex-captain get away with this behaviour ?

Reading some of the doom and gloom reports here and on hotties board had me totally depressed before watching the replay on ABC-Asia-Pacific. I thought it had been a massacree!!! I must admit that after watching it I reckon our ascension is still on track, given all the +ves and especially after seeing the murderous treatment we got from the umpires. (at one stage Ed was spewing but he skilfully hid it or at least muffled it) We could not touch them and yet they were given every liberty in the book. As Ed said, we are filthy and it is entirely unacceptable. HOWEVER, we shouldn't turn on ourselves rip our own hearts out with undue criticism of our current playing list because they are the gladiators we've currently got at this stage of our current quest for silverware.

In a way the knockers are as bad as Shawy.

Did anyone see the Bomber catastrophy ? There were turnovers galore from the Essendon team. They did not look remotely like a grand final team when they coughed the ball up. It is a good example of the "winning style" building confidence and the "desperate catch up style" being a bit brittle. The more Brissie strutted their stuff, the more Essendon stuffed their struts. They got hot under the collar and it got worse.

Here's hoping we can shoot the Hawks down this weekend. In a similar vein, I watched a replay of the pre-season game against them and we weren't anywhere as bad as the doom and gloomers made out.

Footy, it's great to have you back.

Go Pies.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:34 am

My belief is that the Mick Malthouse game plan requires a skilled team. WCE in the early nineties were a silky smooth team. Collingwood with their best team playing is capable of achieving this and playing exciting football.

It is very hard to replace players the calibre of:

Jarrod Molloy
Shane Obree
Chris Tarrant
A fully fit Josh Fraser

Im sure Tony Shaw and the likes of Mike Sheehan were probably caning Brisbane after they lost to Richmond last year at the MCG saying they didnt have any quality players and were an ordinary team. Yet now they cant shut up about the team. Yet the personal and the game plan is pretty much the same. Maybe its just self confidence and belief ??

I also find it hard to believe that Tony Shaw would criticise as our game plan or anything of the like considering that Malthouse has helped the Magpies climb up the latter and has improved our younger players dramatically.

This is the same Tony Shaw who would shatter Big Savs confidence by dragging the poor guy everytime he made a mistake. Look at Sav now at the Kangaroos under a proper coach. This is the same Tony Shaw who showed no confidence in the likes of Andrew Schauble who has sinced left the club and won a best and fairest at the Sydney Swans.

I have much more faith in Michael Malthouse than i do in Tony Shaw. As for Michael Sheehan no one really takes what he says seriously anyway??

I am the game, you don't wanna play me
I am control, no way you can change me
I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me
I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run
Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun
I am the game, and I make the rules
So move on out, and you can die like a fool
Play the game, you're gonna be the same
You're gonna change your name, you're gonna die in flames
Hahahahaha
Time to play the game!
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:36 am

Tony Shaw should stick to what he knows best.....making a fool of himself on FOXTEL....I can see him,but I can still hrere him.
MM is coaching the guys alot more proffessional than any one has.Also Mr.Shaw should look at the fact that AFL is 10 times faster now than when he coached (???) back in the 90's.
I dont think he could break a 20 second 100 meters could he.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
paulie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:22 am

Can't help wondering if Tony is doing a Sam Newman he constantly bags Geelong to fire them up.Surely Shawry is not so bitter to hate the Pies after his outstanding service as a player.

Doska 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 11:22 am

Tony Shaw as a footballer and captain of Collingwood 100% respect we can't ever forget how good Tony Shaw was for our team.

Tony Shaw as a coach,wasn't very good infact he was a joke. I'm not even going to get into that everyone knows.

I don't think Tony Shaw has the right to come out and say that about Malthouse and Collingwood. We have the team, we have a great coach, yes Malthouse makes mistakes but every coach does. For Tony Shaw to come out and tell everyone how the Collingwood Football Club should be playing and that with the current game plan we need to change our list for our team to get the results.
I think our system is fine, if we build up the play but then when it is on we got to run the ball long and deliver. I don't know if any of you read it in todays Herald Sun, Collingwood have won the most hard ball gets in the league I am impressed with that as it shows that where just in bad form and when we put every apsect of the game together we can match it with the best. As for Tony Shaw I think he should keep his comments to himself, yes he can talk about Collingwood but he can't come out and tell everyone how they should be playing because of his poor record as a coach of the Collingwood Football Club. One question, why did Collingwood recruit him as coach after he had no time as an assistant at another club and didn't get an apprentaship. It amazes me for a player to go from playing to coaching without coaching education. I play soccer at a VFL level in the football for example and when I don't play and sit with my coaches on the bench it is amazing how much you learn but that is soccer their is more tactical changes in a football match. Shaw could have done with some learning and education in that department who agrees?

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:00 am

As much as it annoys me to hear about Shawy bagging the club, I just take it with a grain of salt. I do not know, but maybe it is only when we are playing bad.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:58 pm

Does peter daicos forever bag the collingwood football club...Answer NO he doesnt,

Does tony shaw forever bag the collingwood football club.....Answer YES and im getting bloody sick of it.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Doska 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:08 pm

I had the privlidge of meeting Daicos and having a photo with him, good bloke as well.

Joffa, have Collingwood ever approached Daicos to help in the skills and goal kicking department at Collingwood? Because we all know that Daicos was not a fluke Daicos used to go to the park and practice his kicking, even after training getting better skills doesnt always involved team training it is individual training that matters as well.
Daicos could teach the likes of Neon Leon, Holland for example to improve their goal kicking skills and help the likes of Licuria hit the target as another example.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:12 pm

I cant recall doska i really dont think he has, i had a kick to kick with him one night at vicky park a couple of years ago and let me tell ya peter daicos is an absolute gentleman..gee what would you give to see a young peter daicos walk into the club again ahh the memories of someone who was so brilliant and he loves collingwood just as much as we all do, the club should bring him back in some capacity i really love the guy.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

JiMc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:51 pm

I think Shaw has some sort of axe to grind with the club or maybe with MM. His constant bagging is annoying all the supporters and all he is doing is making a complete fool of himself.
He had mentioned on radio after the Richmond game that Collingwood would not be a good side because they had certain players at the club. To show what an absolute idiot he is, he mentioned the players names, and some of them he had recruited to the club when he was coach. I was trying to call into 3AW to give him a serve but unfortunatley all the lines were full.

It sounds like Shaw wants the club and MM to fail so that his 4 years as coach dont remain as a the only huge embarrassment.

gO pIeS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: