Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I for One Am Pretty Bloody Proud!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:47 pm
Post subject: I for One Am Pretty Bloody Proud!!!Reply with quote

anyone who knows me, knows that I love Collingwood...so if this post sounds strange to you then you need to take a good hard look at yourself and ask yourself the question.."Do I Really support Collingwood?....."

I for one are proud of the boys efforts on Friday Night..WHAT? i hear you say well I am proud, Bloody proud of the boys efforts. We went into this game without Tarrant, Cummings, Molloy, O'Bree...whats more we went into this game with Tarks (who was solid all game) hearing footsteps, before you jump down my throat..remember the poor bastard has to front up and put his body on the line now knowing that he will get absolutly no protection from those maggots..and that is gotta do something to ya mentally. Richo Injured, Fraser still carrying an injury, rocca still carrying, Lonie Still carrying, No Mckee for added height...I reakon those kids did a great job against a side that had been pumped up by the media all week, got to remember that Carlton are a team who play well when questioned and never have I seen a bigger media hype to get them riled up as I saw last week, the media want us beat and they pushed carltons buttons the right way.

We lost because of 4 things in that game........2 clangers..yep we stuffed up, and it cost us the match, 2 very poor decisions..okay it is done, but to say that those boys are duds because of it..come on....how many times you seen buckley and other champion players stuff up....actually i am glad it was only twice because about 4 years ago we were giving up about 6 or 7 of those per game.....

2 other incidents

That decision on Tarks as deliberate was the biggest load of crap and was given by the maggots so that the momentum would swing back to the scum after our pies had a great quater...there is no way that was deliberate and no way it deserved a goal....

The last incident was that goal in the 4th quater by Lappin...there is absolutly no way that ball went over the goal line untouched...a blind man in a blackout could have seen that it was clearly touched..if a player jumps in the air 4 meters from the goal line, taps the ball through and lands 4 meters out, there is a pretty good chance he touched it before it went over the line.

Now I know most of you are sitting there saying come on North stop making excuses....well I don't care, we lost by 20 points to a full strength Carlton side, which looks pretty good on paper i might add, and fielded a side, that was riddled with injuries and youngsters, because that is all we had, and from where i sat, they played their bloody guts out and did the jumper proud, you reakon Carlton would count that as a good win, if they do they are kidding themselves and are in for a big shock when we meet them later in the year with a full strength side..they will be shitting themselves. So as I a said I am proud of the boys and the effort they put in, bloody proud....I will always back my boys, always be a pie, always stay to the end and will be there at the very end, when the mighty bucks in his black and white holds the cup up in the air come september 2002...so to all of you who don't believe that it can and will happen.....grab a hold of your panties and go shout out at Lloydy for essendon cause quite frankly the club don't need ya.....

A PIE TILL I DIE

Northern Pie

Cheers

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Top stuff northern pie i love ya work,

Look i think im pretty sure in saying that everyone here on nicks board loves collingwood, I maybe selfish but i felt let down on friday night it was against carlscum and this great club was going for it's 1300th record breaking victory and we dont need to say that there is no better team to beat ( carlscum ) to become the first club to achieve this magnificent result, as heart broken as i am that it didnt happen ( against them ) and through all the dissapointment of it all i will be back next week along with everyone else to very publicly tell the rest of the football world to go and get well and truly rooted, because collingwood is and will ever be the only club for us FULL STOP.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:34 am

great stuff Northern Pie. i agree with everything you said.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:48 am

Great post, Northern Pie. Just one thing...re the Deliberate OOB decision against Tarks: I think you'll find that the prick in white actually interpreted the rule correctly. From what I remember, the rule states that if you attemp to knock the ball through for a point but you miss and it goes out, you are pinged for "deliberate". Obviously the rule is crap because an act can't be deliberate if it's not what you're intending to do but, if I'm right, that's the way the rule is.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:32 am

Loved reading your post Northern Pie. Win, lose or draw - nothing beats seeing our boys in action. Seeing them run out on the ground and through the banner, the siren going and the first bounce of the ball. What a buzz!

GO PIES!
Marg

paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:36 am

supporting your team is like being married you stick togetherthrough better and worse.Belive me i should know being married to a filth fan

Hurricane 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:03 am

I totally agree with everything you have said. We are underdone at the moment with a lot of injury problems, but we will be back.

But you know what, it hurt, it really hurt. I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow and facing the music. I talked us up last week and tomorrow I'm gonna have to pay for it.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:11 am

Hey I am a PROUD PIES supporter and always have been,regardless as to whether we get beat by 100 points or whether we win by 100 points.
I listened to the game on ABC radio on Friday night,and I believe that FRUSTRATION lead to our loss.Are we sure that John Elliott wasnt on the field telling his players to 'belt the oposition into oblivion'
A couple of times I recon that the umpire needed glasses,'he can have mine'
and even the commentators commented on how crook the umpires were thur the second half.
Any way its only another game......PIES play Hawks and its telvised on Ch 10 Saturday afternoon.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 8:39 am

If Collingwood supporters accept Friday nights performance, then obviously they don't know what is required to win matches and participate in finals.....maybe in 7 years we have come to accept mediocrity and sub-standard perfomances.

Thats we we are wrong!

We should never stop supporting our club, but when they are playing so badly we cannot give them credit and applause for playing well. I don't want us to settle for second and admirable losses are a load of crap. Anybody who thinks that such a terrible loss is OK needs to re-evaluate their expectations of the team.

Lets stop making excuses and admit that we need to seriously take our 'Finger Out' if we are to move forward.

I want us to play finals!!!!

GO PIES!!!!!!!

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:34 am

not making excuses, and it hurts like hell that they lost...also they probably played below their potential....but i just think considering the circumstances of this game that those boys sis a pretty good ob and i will say it again, I am bloody proud of them..will always clap them off, will always look for the positives....and congratulate them for having a go....sorry everyone but i just love em....if we supported our kids like the way some of us support the pies then we would have some seriously disfunctional kids on our hands.....as my mother said

"even if they beat us, we are still and always will be better than them" love ya mum

cheers
Northern Pie

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:46 pm

I have just finished reading all the posts after being away for the weekend and, I must say I found them all pretty miserable until I read yours Northern Pie. I agree with you.
I am sick of hearing that we accept mediocrity.
Do you honestly think that if we bag the players and threaten to tear up our memberships it will help the morale of the team and then they will go out and win. It may work for Carlton supporters but I'm sorry, I can't be that kind of supporter.
I don't see how you have a choice BUT to accept the final score
be it a win or a loss as only the players can win the game, all we can do is support them.
I KNOW they are feeling every bit as bad as you or I.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:09 am

After getting jumped a bit in the first quarter, I was proud of the way the lads refused to drop their head, given the conditions (and get flogged). They kept coming back at them all night, and I am sure the filth knew they had been in a game that night. I will not be tipping the filth next week.

I was also proud, that after the final siren went, there was still more Collingwood barrackers at the MCG, then there were Carlton supporters. One good thing about Friday night was so few of the filth came out to see our pain.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 11:37 am

All I have to say is that they are the ones out there every farrkin week giving it. And what do we do sit on the sidelines and give em crap. You knockers why aren't you out there taking the hits and the pain of losing. We feel for em because we love em. We support em because we love em. We stick by em and give em our all no mattewr what. It shits me to see ppl on this board come on and say shit like they will tear up membership etc. Well i say to them ' Go to Farrrkin carlscum, we don't want ya'. My match report is subjective and is sometimes harsh but i will always be a loyal Pie man and will stick by them always. And if any one wants to question my loyalty to the greatest club ever then you can bend over and lick your own arses.

GO PIES

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: