Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

security and policing at MCG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:08 am
Post subject: security and policing at MCGReply with quote

One day soon a riot will occur at the football its not far away and if it does happen we will have no one to blame other than the piss weak security at the MCG let me explain, last night in the bay next to cheer squad a drunken carlton supporter sat himself amongst collingwood people ok fair enough but just before half time this person was standing and hanging shit on collingwood and you could tell the situation was kind of like someone lighting the fuse to a stick of dynamite, the collingwood people around this moron were becomming pretty pissed off, and yes what were the police and security doing well let me tell you some of them were actually finding the situation quite humorous. It was a volatile situation and it should have been dealt with immediately the carlton person should have been relocated to another area or warned that his behaviour could incite trouble.
When the half time siren went i was pretty concerned so i went to numerous security people and 2 policeman,A security person laughed and told me to piss off, the cops were not interested, and im thinking this is thucking unbelievable, blind charlie could have seen there was going to be trouble, well anyway to cut a long story short just before the final siren this carlton moron stands and is really giving it to collingwood and of course the collingwood people have had enough and start giving it back big time and down they come a batallion of cops and security people the scene is getting pretty ugly and guess what the next course of action is ? They start physically removing collingwood people from the area it was pathetically ugly and unwarranted and its not the first time collingwood people get victimised at the football you see this kind of shit on a weekly basis, collingwood people did not incite trouble they just got sick of this bloody moron, i actually get this strange sick feeling that some security people at the MCG actually get off on this type of stuff, in the height of the chaos that followed after the siren i went up to this moron security guard and i thucken let him have it and rightfully so ( this same security person only last week was pretty quick in throwing his fists around) and yep you guessed it to collingwood people.
This whole thing could have been avoided at half time, when will these so called crowd controllers actually do what they are meant to do and that is to ensure the safety of all supporters and yes even collingwood supporters.
To all you guys that were in the middle of this crap you will probably cop some flak but you will only do so because the team you support is collingwood but i reckon you can hold your heads up high, the situation could have been much much worse.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Doska 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% that the security and pigs at the M.C.G hate us. During the Richmond game we were giving it to a group of Richmond fans, they were giving it back to us. This went on for the whole of the first quarter then, one of them got up and goes come down we were sitting on the third deck of the Southern Stand, we got up, then you see security race down, they stopped what ever was going to happen but put all the blame on us, saying that you started it, yada, yada, yada, if anything happens you will be thrown out & charged but they refused to go down to tell those ScuM, Richmond supporters off, I think it's a disgrace and it's a conspiracy last week against West Coast I got told to shut up by a security guard but then I see a fat Carlton supporter on TV in the Ponsford last night going off, but instead security having a go at Collingwood supporters, I'm spewing I couldn't make it last night, for that reason, as for our team we will bounce back & I'll be back next week to support us when we rub Hawthorns pretty boy faces to the ground and shatter them for the rest of their lives.

Buckley is the God of Gods!

Go You Magpies!!!!!!!! 

[

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 1:21 pm

A few ppl have mentioned this kind of thing Joff, perhaps its time to get the club involved, and get them to get the AFL into action. As you point out, it takes a big time tragedy before anything is done about it. If the boot was on the other foot, I'm sure the reaction would probably have been different from the Keystone Cops.

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:20 pm

Joffa,

There is a way to fix this and protect the Cheer Squad a bit, and whilst you shouldnt have to do it, it may be your only answer.

When I was President I made sure I introduced myself at the start of the year to the security people and their supervisors. I regularly had a chat with them before games and they always said hello - the regulars that is. We rarely had the kind of trouble you are talking about because when we asked for some drunk opposition supporter to be removed or at least warned it happened because the people knew us and looked out for us. At the time there was a guy by the name of Bob Jeffkins who was the head of the ground staff at the G and he was always very helpful to all cheer squads and evryone at the G did what he said, so our relationship with Bob was very beneficial.
What you probably have to do with Kerry is ask the club for some help by arranging a pre match meeting with the security people to air your concerns and ask for a little bit of assistance. It needs to be emphasised that 99% of the time it's the drunk opposition supporter who fronts 200 Cheer Squad members with taunts and abuse, and then obviously the 200 people stand up to defend themselves and all of a sudden the whole area is a mass of black and white, so collongwood people are seen to be the instigators.
You need to build a relationship and sense of trust with these people so they know what the cheer squad is all about. Unfortunately there is still a common conception that cheer squads are just all full of drunks. Once you remove this misconception you may find that they help out.

Now this may sound like its a lot of ass kissing, and you may be right, BUT it should acheive your objectives and ensure that all your fellow Collingwood supporters are protected as best as possible from the scum.

Hope you can fix the situation.

Cheers

Dillo

shannon 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:35 pm

Your right joffa,
sitting front row on friday nite and having idiots (carlton supporters) sitting next/near to collingwood supporters is just purer danger. The police acted like they wanted to see a fight but thats not right at a family day/nite at the football. It might have not been a dry area but still there was kids around and why would you be stupid starting 200 collingwood supporters and there was just himself, the idiot carlton supporter. Whose going to be the one coming out laughing. He is cause he got us in the paper, and media which then comes back giving us a bad name. The police should of have moved him straight away. So hopefully this week us (the collingwood cheersquad and fellow members) will put that in the past and beat this dirty mob called the Hawks this week and hope no trouble starts with the police again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: