Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Regarding Nick Davis, some people just totally bewilder me..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:55 am
Post subject: Regarding Nick Davis, some people just totally bewilder me..Reply with quote

I can't believe this constant speculation over Nick Davis - from where he'll be next year to his form at the moment.

1) Form: How the hell could anybody, even hypothetically, suggest dropping him to Williamstown? That'd be like dropping Nathan Buckley. When Davis was firing last year, there were absolutely no complaints; but as per usual, the dissension emerges because he's had a slow start.

2) Injury: Nick Davis had a knee-operation in January and is also carrying a back-injury. Now tell me, why's it acceptable that some of our guys can run around underdone, but not Nick Davis? Because of the speculation over his future? It's unfair. If I were to suggest this with somebody like Chris Tarrant (were he in the same position), I'd have a horde of people jumping on my back.

3) Contract: Just because he refuses to sign his contract now doesn't mean he's on his way out. Last year, Port Adelaide Coach Mark Williams refused to discuss his contract until the end of the season, as did Danny Frawley with Richmond. Granted, they're coaches, but it emphasizes that some people just don't want to have that sort of crap distracting them from what's at hand - the damn game itself.

4) Shopping Lists: You know, I said this last year and I'll say it again, the Swans would have to offer up O'Loughlin, Goodes, throw in Barry Hall now, to even get close to the value of how good Nick Davis is going to become. Now I wouldn't mind the speculation of "Shopping Lists" if Nick Davis said, "Yes, I'm going," but he's said no such thing.

Now, in Round 3, with 25 weeks of the season to go, people are already talking "Trades." Well, hell, go get me Gavin Wanganeen, Brad Ottens, let's re-draft Damien Monkhorst for a year, and why not throw in a clone of Peter Daicos. If we're going to speculate about all this crappy so prematurely, and if we're going to postulate about it to the point of absurdity, then those suggestions are just as valid.

5) The Nicker Himself: You know what really gets me is I imagine what Nick Davis himself would think if he trolls around checking out the Boards. Why the hell would anybody want to stay when his own supporters are crapping on like this? It's totally disloyal and faith-less.

Some guys always undeservedly invite more speculation than others, (Chris Tarrant being one), while others bring it upon themselves justfiably by virtue of their quality or form, (McKee and Dimattina).

In the end, stick to the facts; McKee can't run, Dimattina can't run, and until the conclusion of the 2002 Home & Away Season, Nick Davis is a Magpie.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
RANT!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!

[This message has been edited by Sly (edited 11 April 2002).]
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Sly. As far as I'm concerned, and until we hear officially otherwise, Nick is a Magpie AND will continue to be in the future. And I can't wait until he's fully fit and injury free (which he'll get closer to with each game) and shows the amazing form we've already seen and know he's capable of reproducing again.

This guy, if not already, will be a future AFL and Collingwood star and there aren't many players I'd consider him worth trading for!

Keep working hard Nick - we're all behind you.

GO PIES!
Marg

lones 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:37 pm

I couldnt agree more Sly. I say leave the poor guy alone and let him have some time to think things through.He is probably really confused right now and he dosnt need everyone hasseling him. Homesickness can really get to you. As for his form, as Sly mentioned he has had an operation in January. Give him a break..We luv ya Nicky !!!!

OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie OHHHHHH the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:27 pm

Yeah people...get off his back.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:06 pm

yep well said Sly. i totally agree. i've got no doubt nicky will be a great player for the pies for many years to come. a true matchwinner.

DaicosForeverr 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:33 am

Hand on a sec, I could swear I saw an interview last year where he made it as clear as daylight that he wants to go to the swans.
I think him not looking to not negotiate is the next step to perhaps achieving his goal.

Interesting point that shopping list but I favour the view that if he does take off the swannies are gonna give us buckets of shit like we did to them when a prodigious A Rocca uped and walked on them in 1997...yeekss dare I say what goes round comes round!!

Look it, I love him and plead with him to stay, I'll even tatoo number 19 on my forehead and start religious cult and have him as spiritual leader if he stays but......

Stick around Nick we love ya!!!

Louis

Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:13 pm

Some of you guys are totally biased. Nick Davis is as good as gone. His heart is not with this club like last year - he will be a swan in 2003.

"Grinners are Winners.."
El Barto 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:17 pm

And you are deluded that we'll get anything decent player wise for him either, we won't get much more than a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick at best as he holds all the cards in walking out of the club at years end

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:21 am

i thought that was a top post sly.

and even if he does leave, the club is more important than the individual so if does want to leave then good for him. the world doesnt revolve around single players and i think speculation should stop. bloody hell! its seems we talk trades etc all year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: