Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

shoulder strapping

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pie-no-sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:03 am
Post subject: shoulder strappingReply with quote

Can anyone give me an accurate description of the reason for and benefits of using shiny plastic masking tape to strap / protect / slipperyise or whatever it achieves, for some players shoulders ?

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if everyone who has it does so for the same reason but a couple of years ago i dislocated my shoulder playing under 18's and once i began playing again, had the shoulder strapped. it was supposed to simply keep the shoulder tight and compact to minimise the chance of it popping again. the doc reckoned it helped keep the joint 'warmer' than without it so the muscles could rotate freely as opposed to if it was a bit cooler. sounded bullshit to me and i cant say i felt much difference with or without it - 3 weeks back and i dislocated it again causing much more damage and i havent played(competitively) since.

pie-no-sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:25 am

Thanks Ramjet21 I'd agree it would be the obvious thing for shoulder pops but over the last 5 years has become so prevalent that every 2nd player has them. So if it was just a cautionary thing then we could expect to have seen lots of similar placcy taped knees as well - but we haven't...

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:41 am

maybe it's to attract Brownlow votes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: