Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Matera cleared

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JiMc 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:30 pm
Post subject: Matera clearedReply with quote

What is it with this tribunal, are they on drugs or is there some hidden agendas.

It was a clear as day from the video that Matera raised the elbow to Tarkyn's head while trying to break the sheppard. But NO the the tribunal said there wasnt enough evidence to say what caused Tarkyn to fall to the ground unconscious. He had a sore jaw and two loose teeth as a result and yet the tribunal saw it differently.

The tribunal make an absolute joke of the whole system. Wouldnt know if their behinds are on fire. First Lockett, then Crawford and now Matera.

Sounds like its open season on any player wearing the black and white stripes.

mark stokes 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

**** me what was the tribunal looking at how can they say there was not enough evidence they must have got a different replay to every one in australia

couldabeen

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:00 am

WHAT? They've got to be joking! Tarks didn't have the ball - he didn't see the elbow coming AND that d*ckhead hit him so hard he had to be stretchered off the ground and was lucky he didn't end up with a broken jaw! What are the tribunal on???

The AFL fine someone $5000 for giving the finger (yeah, that was dangerous!) and yet someone can knock another persons head off and get away with it!

I'M FURIOUS! When are umpires and the tribunal going to be held accountable for their actions?

GO PIES!
Marg

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:10 am

Typical.
There was also an incident where Bucks nearly got his head
knocked off going for a mark. Was I the only one to see that?
What a load of crap!

paulie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:15 am

I must have been watching a different game on saturday! I can not belive this one I saw it from the top of the stand and I was sure the incident was shown on the box the other nite clearly showing high contact.What drugs are the tribunial on????

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:11 am

The AFL Tribunal's latest message to footballers:

"We condone the use of elbows and forearms to the head of an opponent. It's OK if it's off the ball. It's OK if the opponent is in front of you and can't see your cowardly act coming"

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:53 am

I was listening to 3AW and Gerard Healy said the AFL bosses had considered appealing the tribunal decision and he was all for it.
Someone gets fined $5000 for doing the bird and Matera gets let off for knocking Tarks unconcious.
They have got to do something about their ridiculous decisions.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:02 am

I'm still amazed by this result and how the Tribunal can justify THEIR actions in this case. I don't care who the players involved were - how on earth can it be legal to hit someone in the head with a forearm/elbow, hard enough so they need to be carried off the ground on a stretcher?

I'm so annoyed I've emailed the AFL to let them know how disgusted I am (I know it will probably only end up in the bin!). I certainly hope Gerard's right and that this gets investigated further because it's a joke!

GO PIES!
Marg

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:22 am

Typical!

Matera said "that he wasn't strong enough to knock Lockyer down" GOD OH MIGHTY!!!!!!. He had his elbow up!

The TV ACTUALLY showed what happened!!!!!!!. The tribunal are all BLIND!!!!!!!!.

Nothing the tribunal ever does in the future will surprise me.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: