Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

100 years of football down the drain because of your greed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:01 am
Post subject: 100 years of football down the drain because of your greedReply with quote

I just received this email. I think I got it in error and that the writer thought he was sending it to the Club (it was sent to every afl.com.au address he could find and cc'd to Richard Alston and me). I forwarded it, but will repeat it here because I think he puts his point of view very clearly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My family has followed AFL since the 1880s, but YOU have ruined it through greed.

I used to be a member of Collingwood - my great grandfather's club - and the Swans. I've stopped both of those.

I used to watch it on TV after moving to Sydney - but I can't get that at a decent time anymore. The decision to put the Collingwood-Carlton game on pay TV only is appalling. This used to be the game of the people, now its only for the rich.

My son used to play, but he's not anymore because he no longer has real interest in the game as he can't watch it on TV.

We used to go to Swans games but what's the point, we can't watch the away games. The AFL has trashed everything.

Don't contact me about this, I'm not interested. Just very, very pissed off at what you have done.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,whoever the person was obviously hasnt read the AFL web page.
Would be interesting to find out who it was,as it has appeared on bigfooty.com as well.
I just went there to look,no entry.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:14 am

I think the problem Peter may be that he has read that article. No concessions on free-to-air.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:35 am

Like I said before, the AFL is being used to drive pay tv subscriptions...the 'deal' done does nothing to help the fans who cant afford it, only strengthens pay TV's position. Would not suprise me if this 'problem' and 'solution' were built into the TV strategy! A good result for Foxtel.

[This message has been edited by London Dave (edited 11 April 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: