Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stand firm on N Davis!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForeverr 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:29 am
Post subject: Stand firm on N Davis!!!!!Reply with quote

I have woken up in a bit of sweat today once again reading
that NDavis wants to take off and head up north. All I have to blatantly say to that is bad luck son, your at Collingwood now and part of our tradition learn to respect it!!!...
We need to stand firm and after seeing Colless on TV last night
the last think we need to do is give the swans their next Best and Fairest. We have done enough of that!!!.

Stand firm Eddie, just like Richmond did with Holland/Ottens Hawks have done it with Hay and most likely ill again with Chick
and fremantle did when Leigh Brown wanted to come home.

This is Collingwood, lets be arrogant about it!!!!!!!!!!

Louis

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The article is at http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,4099303%255E20503,00.html , or see below

You can wait, Davis tells Pies
By MARK STEVENS
09apr02

NICK Davis is not interested in talking to Collingwood about a new deal until after the season.

The rising star's decision to make Collingwood wait comes after the revelation homesickness for Sydney pushed him to the brink of quitting.

"The club's obviously ready, but there is a time when I'll be ready and we'll sit down and work it out," Davis said.

"I'm not going to negotiate until the end of the year . . . there is no point forcing it to happen."

Collingwood faces a tense battle to retain the 22-year-old. He is not unhappy at Collingwood, but there is an understandable lure to return to family and friends.

Speculation has intensified because of the dangerous forward's unusually quiet start to the season.

Last August, Davis appeared poised to sign a new deal to commit him to the Pies until at least the end of 2004.

But while the Magpies were desperate to secure an extension, it did not eventuate.

Davis moved back to Sydney, where he grew up, for the off-season and missed the Pies' first three pre-season sessions.

After playing a low-key role in the Pies' win over West Coast on Saturday, Davis said he was taking his future "a week at a time".

Davis was a shock member of the starting interchange bench in Round 1 and had only six possessions for one goal.

"I wasn't really match fit for the first game and they knew it was going to be pretty fiery first-up so they left me on the bench to wait for the heat to go out," he said.

In his second outing, Davis had nine disposals for four behinds.

"I've just got to work on getting my own form back," he said. "My fitness is pretty good but it is just getting used to the body contact.

"I've got to get a feel for the game. I'm lacking in the feel for the game more than the fitness. Hopefully in the big game Friday night (against Carlton), I can turn it around.

"I'm hoping to get a full game under my belt in the next few weeks."

The son of former Magpie full-forward Craig Davis kicked 36 goals in 21 games last year.

He finished sixth in the club's best-and-fairest.

With 53 games to his name, he looks ready to surge into the AFL's elite.

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:01 am

Well I think the best thing we can all do is get behind Nick
and make sure he knows we want him to stay.
A few people have been making comments like "he obviously wants
to go - so let him".
Nick is probably aware of what people are saying which is why he
said - "I am trying 100% despite what people think" - at the
after match function on Saturday.
When he gets his form back NO-ONE will want to lose him.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:33 pm

NO ONE wants to lose him now!!!!

HAHA sorry guyz! i am posting in this nicki topic as well! its just that... the form looks like its going with his thoughts.. if u get wat i mean..

like, his efforts at the ball, at play etc... seem to direct into, 'why am i here? why am i even trying'?? sorta thing...
i dunno.... as a mate of nick i betta shut up!

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria
PS plz no one be too harsh on him

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
wait for tuckey and nicki stone
to kick our butts:
COLL VS WEST COAST/COLL VS HAWTHORN
Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:47 pm

@SH, what the hell was that post about?
Simply put, I want him to stay, but if he wants to go lets make it as difficult as possible. He comes out of contract, and the Swans won't finish last, so for once, lets make a trade that works for us. No giving him away for crappy players and pissy draft choices. If the deal is not 110% in our favour, let him nominate for the draft and go to Carlscum as the first draft pick.
We better not give Sydney another B & F and get nothing in return.

Pies R Us

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:01 pm

Nicky D is one of those players that if he went to another club he would go on to be another Buckley, Voss etc.

Hold on to him!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:43 pm

I really want nick to stay as well, but we all know how powerful the homesickness thing can be. after all, we recruited pebbles based on his desire to return to melb.

not to preempt anything, but I agree with magpie.girl that if nick does want to go to sydney, we have to negotiate a good deal. it makes it tougher that nick hasn't signed, but c'wood must ensure that they don't end up losing a fantastic player without getting anything in return. I wouldn't mind having someone like adam goodes, tadgh kennelly, or jason saddington, or any similar, tall mobile types.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
DaicosForeverr 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:34 am

I plead with him to stay and am desperate for him to stay.

Eddie u mentioned on 1278 that Sydney is into him in a big way, promise us everything will be done to keep him!!!!
we have suffered enough waiting for these damn future champions to come along, could not handle the loss of them!!!!!!!1

***********He is the next Darren Jarman****************

without any doubt..

Louis

[This message has been edited by DaicosForeverr (edited 10 April 2002).]

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:07 am

NICK.....PLEASE STAY! I think he is a champion player and I would be completely devastated to see him go.

Sydney is what...a 2 hour flight away? Let him go home for a break and to see his family every chance he gets (or move every one of them down here!) BUT I would hate to lose him.

I guess there's only so much the Club can do to persuade him to stay but I certainly hope they give it a good try and that he thinks about the wonderful Club he's at and the wonderful team-mates he has and how much all the Collingwood supporters love him and the premiership we're going to win and how exciting it would be to be a part of it with the great group of guys we have now.............NICK, DON'T GO!!!

GO PIES!
Marg

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:00 am

Time to move the trade agreements to a new level.

claus 1: - Nick Davis, or any sons he may have in the future, will NEVER play aginst Collingwood, under any circumstances.

IF he isn't going to stay, at least he wouldn't do us too much damage!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:27 am

I thnk we might be jumping the gun here everyone seemed so sure a certain N.Buckley would go home to porrt a few years back.Nick is just being honest in that he does miss home what young person wouldn't?And he wants to way everything up at the end of the season by that time he will be a 70 plus games player another year older almost.And hopefully will have played finals football so will want to stay for all the right reasons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: