Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Does anyone know??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:42 am
Post subject: Does anyone know??Reply with quote

I am not trying to point the finger here, but does anyone know the gent who aggravated Worsfold? It is not important who it was but more likely what eventuated and the potential for further aggravation. I feel that the coaches can get too close to spectators coming down the race. I can see in the not near future a spectator king hitting the coach of an opposing club(not saying our spectators). It seemed to me harmless enough but believe me the last thing any coach wants is a spectator waving his scarf and making a scalding remark.
The AFL needs to investigate ways to prevent a situation arising at any game upon any ground. Hell the Maggots have fifty or so bodyguards, why not allow the coaches a similar courtesy. And to the guy who upset Worsfold. Great that you are so enthusiastic for the Pies mate but show some respect for the opposition and think more with your head than your heart.

It is interesting that this has probably happened before from some other clubs spectators and passed over, but as soon as a Collingwood supporter does something wrong it becames big news.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
paulie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody who remembers Worsfold's display towards Micky at the end of the 94 final.Would have to adgree that was alot worse then a flick with a scarf.Look the supporter oblivious shouldn't have done it but I don't think it was that bad. AS i was walking in to Victoria Park for thr Willy v Essendon praccy game a couple of weeks ago.Sheedy had just been interviewed And i gave hima mouthfull about them letting anyone into viccy park these days and he had a go back but it was only a bit of a laugh.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone should get in trouble, it should be Worsfold. Such an aggresive reaction to such a minor provocation was a disgrace. Worsfold should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute, the fan should be given a medal (after all, as far as I know he did not make contact, except for maybe the scarf, and that could be deemed to be accidental).

Just because he is a coach, it does not mean Worsfold can go around acting like he did, in the backline, in his playing days.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: