Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

GUTLESS!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:41 pm
Post subject: GUTLESS!!!Reply with quote

Collingwood MUST give it to the Swans next time the meet, Round 10, June 1st 2002 at Colonial Stadium.

On the 4 corners documentary just shown on the abc, Swans Chairman (president) Richard Col"Gut"less continually critised Ed and then proceded to directly give him the bird on TV.

Bulldog Nathan Brown this week has come under much scrutiny after doing a similar thing and AFL football operations manager Andrew Demetriou came out saying "the AFL strongly disapproved of Brown's actions as they could potentially incite the crowd, while they set a poor example to all levels of the game below AFL level".

Yet what type of example is this man, Richard Colless - in one of the highest positions at Sydney, setting??? Its a disgrace and yes i hope it incites all Collingwood people, so much so that we all get out to Colonial Stadium in Round 10 and give it to Gutless and the Swans.

over to u

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

GGRRrrrrrrr....... was that show just put together to go COLLINGWOOD and EDDIE bashing?.

"when your running down my football club your walking on the fighting side of me"

WE ARE COLLINGWOOD!

petro 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:56 pm

All Collingwood MUST give the bird to the Swans next time the meet, Round 10, June 1st 2002 at Colonial Stadium.WE all should chant either boooring, boooring sydney or colless is a Wanker.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:07 pm

NOONE bags Eddie and gets away with it!!!

I'll be there and i'll be giving it to the swans and that gutless terd Richard Colles... goddam S.O.B!!

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:12 pm

the nathan brown situation was different to the colless situation in that brown acted within the AFL's jurisdiction whereas this is an ABC produced documentary. the AFL can't really do anything about it. you can petition the ABC though, for example on a program like Media Watch. in any case, I just see it as merely an extremely unprofessional and juvenile thing to do, and eddie would probably agree.

to play devil's advocate, colless does raise a good point in that one club, the swans (and brisbane too), are left to fight it out in a target market that is really the heartland of rugby league, rugby union and soccer. anyone who lives in a rugby dominated state will see how tough this is.

however, they are not really balancing the argument. where is the transparency when it comes to this so-called "development money"? is there evidence that it's going into development or to the swans? figures please, not the bird. the swans can't act like the altruistic saviours of footy in the north when it is clear they believe that in order to capture a target market, they'll need to win a premiership.

sydney fans are fickle, they want instant success - the swans can't deny this. however, how much money can the AFL throw at them for development, and how much of it is actually for development and how much is to help the swans win a premiership? they had their chances in 1986 and 1987 and again when north beat them. meanwhile, clubs in melb are dying.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:22 pm

"GGRRrrrrrrr....... was that show just put together to go COLLINGWOOD and EDDIE bashing?."

Thats about right. But that I don't mind. The more they hate us the more respect they are giving us.
I'd much rather have them hate us than laugh at us like they did during the Shaw years.

-Craig

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:08 pm

I got the impression colless isnt a football person and would not know jackshit about the collingwood football club his comments about a certain club not being able to make the finals in recent years blah blah blah were the words of a corporate.
Its simple Mr colless if your club were not given any special concessions and shit loads of money and if you were missing in the finals for 7 odd years would your survival be in jeopardy ? YES it would be Mr colless and you want to know why Mr colless the sydney swans the ugly defacto's of new south wales football will not be and never will be the collingwood football club.
It is testament to a lot of hard working people at collingwood ( led by eddie)to have this club at number one of the field whilst comming out of our worst ever era in our clubs history. I dont believe any other club in todays climate could do what collingwood have done and doesnt it make them all shit jealous.
In response to the bird by colless to eddie, well he can just go thuck himself for all we care!!
seeya at colonial colless!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 08 April 2002).]

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:29 pm

Who cares what the bloody wanker does? We know he's not intelligent - he supports THE SWANS!!! What did you expect, a mature response?!? lol

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:47 am

When a person is unable to settle an argument the unprofessional usually reverts to name calling or becoming personally offensive. To do so in private could be deemed childish. To do so on national television displays a gutless juvenile. Eddi won't reply to it because I believe he is a cut above this Swan's man. We see these concessions happen everyday up here in Qld. I am not knocking Lethal because he is a legend; however the fact remains that his salary is subsidised by the AFL and channel 7. The lions result...Win A grand final. They are able to fit more quality players inside their salary cap because they receive an extra bonus from the AFL. fair enough that the AFL wants to promote the game stronger in the NRL states, but to be blatant in over support of thes clubs is an insult to the other clubs who have been struggling to keep afloat for years. In contrast, I remember that we were in the same position as some of these other clubs are now in. My advice to them is to do what we did, don't whinge about it, do something about it. I have expressed my point of view about Vic clubs seeking other pastures and I will continue to do so. No more teams in Sydney. It took Swans years to gain the loyalty and support they receive. Hold on cause I will say some rather controversial statements here.
1. Kangaroos move to Canberra...they are a whit collar team and canberra is white collar city.
2. Bulldogs to Gold Coast... half the bloody city is full of victorians anyway.
3.Hawthorn to Tasmania...they all have two heads so they will fit in nicely down there(sorry Mike).
4. St Kilda to Albury - Wodonga. This area is strong enough and big enough to support an AFL team.

There you go I said it, so bring it on boys and girls because I am curious as to what others think.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:38 am

I Know Colless isn't reading this coz he wouldn't know a good club if it came up and bit him on the arse. Well Rich, don't bother booking your team a flight home coz we're gonna kick you stupid little swanettes all the way back to Sydney. You can flip us the bird but we'll be showing you our index finger coz we're gonna be number 1 matey, number 1.

Fradam Wrote This
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:30 am

... and that AFL Dick who said it was not provocative should up to our next match against the Swanettes!

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: