Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pet cat shot and left to die

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:37 am
Post subject: Pet cat shot and left to dieReply with quote

Pet cat shot and left to die
By KELVIN HEALEY
20feb05

A PET cat has been shot, brutally bashed and left to die in Melbourne's east.

The cowardly attack left three-year-old Hamish so badly injured owner Tim Elliott has to feed himthrough a tube in its neck.
Sickened and devastated, Mr Elliot made a plea for tougher penalties for thugs who attack animals.

The vicious shooting came as the RSPCA prepares an advertising blitz in an effort to curb violence towards cats.

A series of television ads was filmed on Friday featuring kickboxing star Stan "The Man" Longinidis, promoting the message that it is not tough to hurt defenceless animals.

Hamish's owners thought they would have to have him put down after the savage incident two weeks ago.

Mr Elliott, 35, said he realised something was wrong when he discovered a pool of blood near his Burwood home and could not find his pet.

The cat was missing for four days, but eventually returned near death, with a smashed jaw, most of its teeth missing and other serious head injuries.

An X-ray revealed a slug-gun pellet in his jaw.

Mr Elliott, who said the attack made his wife physically ill, was left with a $2200 bill for veterinary expenses.

"You have to deal with the consequences . . . both physical and emotional," Mr Elliott said. "We were disgusted.

"The biggest thing that hurt us was that he was sitting somewhere for four days, not being able to eat, festering with infection and waiting to die."

The attack on Hamish follows a long series of attacks on cats.

Last month, a gang of youths tortured a three-month-old kitten in Shepparton.

A kitten was stoned, stomped on and ridden over at a Sydney train station, and on the same day another cat suffered burns to 30 per cent of its body after being set alight.

In September, a Persian cat was shot with a crossbow at St Andrews, while last May a group of soldiers in Townsville were fined $2000 after setting fire to three kittens and dragging another behind a motorcycle.

Earlier this month, a Croydon man was jailed for bludgeoning his pet cat to death because it meowed too much.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12307031%255E2862,00.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The full force of the law should be thrown at these people...... yes it may just be cats, but obviously the people who commit these acts are so sick and sadistic they are a danger to everybody.....
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:18 pm

Crying or Very sad Stupid heartless prick! *sigh* I knew I shouldn't have read this...
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:03 pm

David from Canberra wrote:
The full force of the law should be thrown at these people...... yes it may just be cats, but obviously the people who commit these acts are so sick and sadistic they are a danger to everybody.....

Very true. In fact I've heard it said that a lot of mass-murderers and serial killers start their "careers" by torturing and killing animals.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:23 pm

yeah I read that too I think it was in the HS a couple of weeks back..... hardly surprising though....
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:25 pm

When was this exactly? I don't think I've read that. Can you give me a reference?
eddies bank balance 

evolving-unlimited-intellect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:01 am

Assassin wrote:
All cats should die , they are a pathetic animal that stalks and destroys ; birds, lizards and anything else that moves. If you're gunna shoot one , make it quick , between the eyes or straight off at the neck with a sharp instrument , even garbage like cats do not deserve a slow , painful death.

What about the Vets,what would they do if there were no sick pussy's to treat??

p.s i think it is called 'russian cat' bred to live indoors,so the only road kill it gets to chew on, is house mice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: