Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Favourite non-footy moment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

... in the dim, dark days of 1999, we had just beat the Sainter's in a night game, Deano, a guy called Anthony (he's the guy that taught Deano and I the "We're black, we're white ..." song) and I are singing the club song (and others), in the middle of front bar, at the Cricketers Arms ... and we are ringed by a group of the most feral Saints supporters I had ever seen! (but at least they had stuck around to the end, a lot of Saints fans went home at half time that night, and let me tell you that's always a favourite moment, at its sweetest when its Carlscum supporters going home early). These Saints fans tried to outsing us (which they couldn't), and then tried to put us off by slagging all things Collingwood. It looked pretty grim there for a while (they mentioned Millane), as neither Anthony or I would shut up. Poor Deano had to send his (Saints supporting) mum home, as he did not want her to see her son torn to shreds, by her fellow Saints supporters. But I started to notice that longer we went on, the more the Saints supporters who were ringed around us, were in turn being ringed by an ever increasing number of the faithful, who were also at the Cricketers. As the ring of Saints began to realise this the crisis was averted, the Saints had to leave the field to us. Two victories in one night.

After it all defused, there were plenty of Pie's fans coming up and giving us backslaps, and a few who brought us beers.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:00 am

Can't remember exactly when, but it was the early 90's. Other details are a little hazy, but it was along the lines of the following.....

It was a game against the Hawks and I was standing at the Falls end of Vic Park. We were kicking the other way, when there was a lull in the game.

Some wit seized the opportunity to yell at the top of his lungs "Hey, Dunstall. Your wife's got two ****s, and you're one of them." Piggy was only about 10 metres away, and you could see that he heard it.

The crowd fell about laughing (even some their supporters), but the game soon took our attention and we moved on.

The very next week, we were playing the Weagles. Peter Sumich came down to stand at the Falls end at the start of the game. Almost exactly the same crowd had assemebled.

One of our bretheren, who didn't quite understand the importance of originality in humour and who had obviously relished the opportunity to be the big man this week, imediately yelled out, "Hey, Sumich. Your wife's got two ****s and....."

He obviously hadn't seen the two dirty greeat big coppers standing behind him, or had been so anxious that no one would beat him to it, that before he had even finished the offending word, he found himself on the other side of the gates with a bewildered look on his face.

The rest of the crowd, who realised exactly what had happened, found this almost as funny as the previous week.

Be warned......stealing other people's material doesn't pay.

Any year we beat Carlton is a good year
CAAS 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:42 am

i remember the renditions at the kingo. My mate bought a kingo pub shirt. After the game he put me on his shoulders as we sung the theme song in the middle of the ground. Just like we did at the last Vic Park game a few years back (that was huge).

Have also seen the pies mascot kick the swan mascot in the nuts whilst in Sydney. our adelaide trips are pretty memorable too. Thank god the bloke that stunk out the canberra bus wasnt going to Adelaide. Joffa wouldnt be able to breath.

GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:20 am

MY FAVE NON FOOTY MOMENT WILL COME WHEN LESTER ELLIS KICKS ANTHONY THE MOUTH MUNDINES ASS IN JUNE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: