Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Magpie Greg - Re Bigfooty Boycott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:16 pm
Post subject: Magpie Greg - Re Bigfooty BoycottReply with quote

I tried to reply to your mesage to me on BF but you have declined to accept messages. So I thought I would put in on here. I don't want to start the argument/debate up again but I want to put my two bobs worth in. This is the reply I had tried to send you.

G'day Greg.

Yes I am a Collingwood supporter. I am aware of your call to boycott and I have given it some thought. I can see where you are comming from. In the end, it will only give them milage though. I try not to respond to the tools but, as you are aware, it isn't always easy.

I have great respect for "Nick's" and not so much for BF in the main but I also find Nick's a little insular and hypersensative at times. That is only natural because it is Collingwood and nothing else. It is also part of it's appeal.

Anyway, I have said my piece re the moderators in the BF forum - you may or may not have seen any of it. Of course they don't agree but that's life.

Personally I find it sad that half of what we, as Collingwood supporters, are critisised for, we bring on ourselves. As I have said on BF, we can have all the chicken and egg arguments in the world but it wont change perceptions. If we respond like they expect us to then we fulfill the prophesy. I try not to do that myself, but as I said, it isn't always easy.

There are some BF posters from here who's "Collingwoodness" I admire greately but combined with too much gullability at times, just makes things ugly. They are entitled to say what they think as far as I am concerned but are entitled to be criticised also if they upsett people.

When we fight amoung ourselves, though, I find it immature, frustrating, pointless and destructive. In part it is that which has seen us fall from the unequaled premier sporting club in Australia to a club battling to get back some respectability from the oppostion. The administrative problems of the past are hopefully history. I hope we supporters can be a solely positive force and not continually provide the opposition with ammunition. If we stop providing the ammo, maybe we won't have to defend ourselves so much either. Perhaps then we won't be in this position again.

Anyway, that's my two bobs worth.

Cheers.

Mark Tomsic
Lifetime supporter of the Mighty Magpies.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 03 April 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: