Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What the hells going on at the AFL?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:32 pm
Post subject: What the hells going on at the AFL?Reply with quote

Apparently the MCC have lodged a written complaint to the AFL requesting further restrictions be placed on what supporters can and cant take with them into the MCG. Amongst the restrictions supporters now wont even be allowed to carry plastic soft drink type containers with them to the footy. This is ridiculous! Prices of food and drink are already way over inflated and this is surely nothing more than another way for the MCC and AFL to make some extra money by forcing patrons to purchase their drinks at the ground! We already arent allowed to take cans into the ground and now this. The MCC are justifying their statement siting safety issues and an increase in public drunkeness as the reason behind the move. i dont quite understand the link personally. The whole drunkeness and behaviour issue has been completely blown out of control as seen by that collingwood cheersquad incident in the paper which people on here have already said in unfounded!

next thing we know we wont be able to take a thermas of hot coffee in case we spill it on the person sitting next to us and they sue the afl. this really is getting way out of hand. You can really begin to see why Chris Grant just lashed out at the AFL after all the fustrations he had built up. Someone needs to stand up to them.

Sorry guys, the plastic bottle bit aint true (april 1), however i'm still glad theres feedback regarding the overinflated prices. It is ridiculus, and it wouldnt surprise me at all if the afl started confiscating plastic soft drink bottles as a way of getting more money. $3.80 for a hotdog and comparitable prices for similar items is a joke.

I still cant get over the promotion one of those energy drink companies used before the football last year. I cant remember which one it was, but one of them were handing out free cans of their product to people as they came out of Richmond station. Of course unless you sculled the can there and then, once you got to the gates of the MCG they confiscated the cans from you. So inside the gates there was a large stack of all these unopened cans. Nice promotion. It wouldnt surpise me to see the AFL trying to flog them off at cost price to unknowing customers later after seeing what they let the catering companies get away with at the grounds.

[This message has been edited by Rowdy26 (edited 02 April 2002).]
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

the MCC or the AFL?

I agree rowdy - it really sounds like a knee jerk reaction. banning cans I can understand but plastic bottles is going a bit too far. people have a right to choose not to buy the rip-off food and drinks at the footy. if this rule is implemented, they will virtually be forced to. I mean, who wants to pay $3 plus for a bottle of water??

I think we ought to petition the MCC and the AFL!

"consectatio excellentiae"
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:04 am

Try $3.40 per bottle of WATER! I still can't get ovet that!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:40 am

... I am getting sick of being forced to pay inflated prices, just because I want to take an active interest in footy. Everyone is making money out of us.

It would be interesting to work out, exactly how much of the money I spend, following footy, actually flows to the players. Bugger all I suspect. Yet they are the ones I go to see.

After paying $6.80 for a warm pie, and a very much diluted, post-mix, medium sized diet cola beverage, I felt more disgust (towards the caterers) than I even had for the Richmond supporters, players and umpires (surely they were card carring Tiger maggots).

It really is disgusting. The caterers must be rubbing their hands together ... you just have to think, where the impetus for that article in the Hun, came from ...

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:47 am

Should have watche ACA last night,a PIES family was interviewed whilst at the PIES V TIGERS game and they complained that there wasnt much change left for them.I believe that they has spent $39 and that was befor 1/2 time.
Call in the COPS and get rid of highway robbery.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: