Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks on "The Game"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 3:34 am
Post subject: Bucks on "The Game"Reply with quote

Who saw the game last night? I feel really sorry for what happened to him.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 5:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, diatev

The Game (channel 7) had a special dial-in membership drive for all Vic clubs last night. There were top players from each club, including Nathan Buckley, taking calls in the studio. Doug Hawkins was wondering around talking to the various players, but he couldn't talk to Nathan Buckley because Bucks is contracted to Channel 9.

So, Tony Shaw came up with the bright idea to ring Bucks and pretend to be a knockabout Collingwood supporter who wanted to buy 2 adult and 8 children's membership. While he was talking to Bucks, on air, in total breach of contract, he asked Bucks what went wrong last week. Bucks, thinking he was talking to some average knockabout bloke, said something like, "F#ck, no good." The famous 4-letter expletive went 'live' across the nation. Tony Shaw continued peppering Bucks with inane questions and eventually someone must have alerted Buckley to the joke. Because he hung up in disgust looking like he wanted to kill someone. Tony Shaw made a quick on-air apology. Later, Bucks appeared on the Footy Show (channel 9) and was very apologetic for having let the F-word slip out on air.

Personally, I don't think Bucks had anything to apologise for. Channel 9 should sue the pants of Channel 7 for that little act of stupidity. And Tony Shaw should be made to pay for the 2 Adult and 8 Children's memberships out of his own pocket, just to prove how fair dinkum he was about the apology.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 10:18 am

I thought that was pretty shitty what happened to Bucks but still he is a bad sport!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 11:50 am

Gee, it looks like someone's still a little pissed off that he was sacked by Collingwood because he's the worse coach we ever had! hmmmmm
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2000 1:32 pm

I don't think it was Tony's idea. I believe it was a Producer of the show that came up with the idea. Also I did hear the Collingwood came out with the most memberships gained for the night.
ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 2:15 am

Just have a couple of questions regarding this topic... WHen Buckley said THE word, the audience laughed out loud. Then, Bucks looked up at that exact moment, as if he heared them. So, wouldn't it be that he knew at the time that Ch 7 set him up? I say this because Bucks said that he did not know at the time... Anyway, my second question is: How come Bucks was admitting that we're no good? Even if he didn't know he was on tv, why would he do that?

nikki 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 5:05 am

i know, what tony shaw and the game did was totally unacceptable.. Bucks was on the phone to a genuine fan and he was having a chat trying to drum up membership for the pies and dougie comes in snathes the phone off him (which i think got him mad in the first place) and tony in ridiculous voice goes on about getting 10 memberships... Bucks thinks he is fair dinkum and he is getting 10 memberships for us, he was happy as u would be.....

I think buckley had every right to go off and he shouldnt have had to apologise for anything he did nothing wrong....

Dont worry about it bucks it wasnt your fault every collingwood fan still respects you and always will!!!!

YOUR A LEGEND.....

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2000 5:09 am

I don't think he was admitting we're but rather we were no good the other day and for the last few rounds. I think its about everyone fogets the whole thing.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 20 May 2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: