Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lack of Footy in Sydney/Brisi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:53 am
Post subject: Lack of Footy in Sydney/BrisiReply with quote

I have just had a reply from AFL Media concerning the LACK of AFL on Ch 9/10 and I have been advised by the AFL Media division to contact the respective TV stations or email them voicing my disaproval to the way that we the viewing public have been treated.
If its like the past they will just say 'stiff shit' and hang up on us any way,but I guess that its worth a try.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterWH, you could try what I did with Channel 7 in Cairns a couple of years ago. First you ring the stations advertising/marketing department and ask who their sponsors are for the late night replays they have chosen to air. They may or may not tell you, but you obviously don't have to wait long to find out who they are. They may even ask you why you want to know. Tell them that you intend contacting each sponsor to tell them that they are wasting their advertising budget. Why? Because most people will simply tape the match and replay it at a sensible time. And everyone knows what happens when an ad break appears in a program you have taped..yep, you hit the fast forward button! Hou can also write letters to the newspaper editors expressing your amazement that companies would bother to spend money advertising on programs that hardly anyone watches "live". You might get some results and you might not, but you will feel a lot better after you hear them squirming.

Go the Pies!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: