Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CMON FRANCE LIFT YOUR GAME

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:35 pm
Post subject: CMON FRANCE LIFT YOUR GAMEReply with quote

i can belive the united nations called the usa stingy when it came to donating money to the tsunami relief effort when the u.s government has pledged to give $35 million dollars in aid and france has really gotten out the checkbook and given a measly $135,000 dollars.i know the u.s gets criticised for a lot of things and on some things they deserve to but surely france can give a lot more than that.Australia being a nation of 20 million have given $35 million from the government and more to come from the public.And by the way Mr Packer,Mr murdoch and all those other wealty aussie businessmen how about getting off your high horses and each shelling out a lazy $10 million each and helping out these people whose lives have been ruined by this terrible tragedy.im sure taking out $10 million out of your fortunes woudnt hurt you blokes one little bit
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

at least 1.5 million each from japan and china is a lot better than $135,000 from the cheese eating surrender monkeys
Bones 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:35 pm

Wrong about Japan, they have promised $39m
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:43 pm

I want to see where the Islamic Nations are. Shouldnt they be comming to the aid of their brothers in Indonesia??? Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, Yeman, Oman, where the hell are they???

Its funny that people whinge about Australia or the US not doing their share, but its also funny that the money going to the relief effort comes from Christian based countries.

Im not saying that Islamic ppl arent donating, far from it. Im saying that the Islamic States who link in with terrorism arent....

Its funny isnt it. These countries are the richest on the planet (forget Australia and the US). They have the oil and they have OODLES of money, but you will never see a payment from these places.

Imagine if Australia said, no we are not going to help! Then wouldnt it be on for young and old! But Islamic states dont come to the party and nothing is said.

Coincidence??? I think not.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:45 pm

I can't imagine if Australia said no we are not going to help
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:24 pm

Tess: Plenty of coverage over hear about how much Japan is doing and donating, big player in this region and no need to worry about there commitment. l

Tarrent in the Pocket wrote: "Imagine if Australia said, no we are not going to help! Then wouldnt it be on for young and old! But Islamic states dont come to the party and nothing is said. "

You are a F*****g Moron.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:38 pm

Im not a moron at all. Its just the truth. We are donating money (which we should), the US and Japan, etc are, but not one cent has come from the richest countries in the world (sultans), being the Saudis, Kuwait, Jordan, UAE and other oil rich countries. Lets see these mega mega rich sultans put their greens on the table also and GET IT FIXED!!!

Rand, even RUSSIA AND ROMANIA are helping out!!!

Lets see the do gooders, such as the ABC for instance, start to put the same pressure on the Islamic nations to get some money flowing from the Sultans into where its needed!!!!

Ill stand by those words - if Australia didnt donate, imagine the outcry.

And dont for one minute dont think I havent been affected by what happened. I work with almost every hotel, tour operator and supplier throughout Phuket, Phi Phi and the related areas in Thailand, and plenty of people who I deal with on a daily basis are now missing.

So lets see the WHOLE WORLD chip in and help out to assist the 'usual suspects'.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:07 pm

The point is that the Saudis, Kuwait and the UAE have all made significant contributions and to suggest that they haven't and that it is on the grounds of religion is appaling to me.

Its seems from here, that the contributions from countries around the world may be not getting fully or correctly reported in Australia but I can tell you that France is contributing massive amounts of money as is the US, Japan is donating 500 million US, and many, many nations around the world are contributing.

The devastation in the region is catastrophic, the numbers missing horiffic, the number of people left with nothing staggering and the very real threat of epidemics frightening, don't ask who is doing what, ask what am I doing.

To suggest some are lesser people or think lesser of everyone else because they are middle eastern or because they are islamic is a gross generalization and fundamentally wrong.

Here's another irony for you, a small article in the local Bangkok paper yesterday pointing out that aid and assistance (from the Thais) is being almost exclusively focused on the international community, whilst locals are being left to fend for themselves! No pointing of bones, it just seems a mix of some local authorities sincerely believing it the right thing to do, whilst others think that they have to give the tourist business first priority as the local economy is so dependant on it. And here we find people squabbling over who has given what.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:48 pm

Tarrant in the Pocket Wrote:

"Its funny isnt it. These countries are the richest on the planet (forget Australia and the US). "

Okay,

Let's look at these 'richest countries on the planet' in terms of their world economic ranking (GDP):

The richest comes in at 19, Iran. (USA is 1st, China 2nd and Japan 3rd. Australia is 17th). Poor old Russia is 10th by comparisson. Egypt is 30th, Saudi Arabia is 31st, The UAE is 68th (Romania by comparisson is 43rd.). Kuwait has the 80th largest economy in the world, Oman comes in at 98 whilst Yemen is 113th.

If you choose to look at the rankings based on GDP per capita output these countries fare even worse.

Incidently, as I said before, these countries are donating funds and they are certainly nowhere near as rich as The USA, France anbd Russia for example.

The Millions from oil money you refer to elsewhere rests in the hands of a few multi-national corporations and a few rich families -families that have all this money and position -not because they are Muslim- but because they have inherited the land through over 2000 years and generations of anthropological tradition. Asking them to tip in might be appropriate but then it would also be appropriate to say; how much are Murdoch, Packer, Pratt et al tipping in?
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:52 pm

Well lets see them all put money in then! Regardless of the actual GDP, which doesnt give a nessecearly accurate indication of how rich a whole country is, lets see them all put money in.

Also, lets see the churches put money from their own pockets in too.

rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:57 pm

I think that's the point, a vast sweep of countries, corporations and peoples ARE putting in money, aid etc.

The questions is, are you actually doing something or, are you just using it as an opportunity to take a swipe at certain persons or peoples you dont like for reasons of your own invention?

And if you aren't putting in; is it because you are secretly a Muslim, terrorist harbouring, filthy rich b*stard as some on this board suggest!!!!
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:02 pm

FYI Rand I have sent a large box load of clothing, blankets, sheets and other things to Sri Lanka via my neighbours church.

I am still getting stuff togeather as I type actually.

Maybe the question is, what are you doing for you to get so defensive about it???

rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:32 pm

Good to hear TITP,

there,

doesn't that feel better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: