Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lane Drug Slur

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:29 am
Post subject: Lane Drug SlurReply with quote

Today on AFL.com it said that tyson lane had declared he knew of players taking drugs in the off-season.
He denied that he himself was on drugs, which people thought may have forced him to retire.
And that an ex-teammate of Lanes, who he was good friends with, was the sorce of roumers that he retired from the AFL because of the drug problem!! (A former Collingwood player that went to another club)

Wonder who it was?

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a potential hot potato. if I were people, I wouldn't be naming names.

however, I will comment on the drugs issue. I work in the drug treatment sector in victoria. IMHO I don't believe that just because you are a football player, you are more conducive to taking recreational drugs. it should come as no surprise that people use drugs in nightclubs and bars; a herald sun survey last year revealed that traces of cocaine, speed, ecstasy, etc. were found in the toilets of some of melb's most popular clubs, so drugs are not just isolated to the bars that footy players happen to frequent.

as role models, footy players should show the way. this applies not only to illegal drugs, but also legal ones like tobacco and alcohol. I believe that all clubs should have a clear policy with regards to drug taking, and this should be backed up by education, counselling, etc

I believe the way to curb drug use is education. young people must be made to understand the devastating consequences that drugs have on people's lives. footy teams, whether it be the AFL, amateurs, juniors etc, should avail themselves to the multitude of drug education resources out there. just call up your local drug treatment agency or community health service, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to arrange an education session.

"consectatio excellentiae"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: