Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Has a pie gone AWOL?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the s man 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:44 am
Post subject: Has a pie gone AWOL?Reply with quote

Yesterday I was listening to the 3AW rumour file on the way to work and someone rang up stating the following:

After the Collingwood vs Freo game a player asked Mick Malthouse if they could stay in Perth till Thursday night as they had a function to go to.

Mick said yes as long as the player made it back to Vic Park for the Friday morning training session before the Aints game.

The said player did not make it back to the training session and did not play versus the Aints. The club can not get in contact with him and don't know what is happening.

An SOS is still out for the said player.

This is only a rumour so someone may be able to squash it.

Any ideas?

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah s man, my idea is that if there are no stories coming out of Collingwood, then will somebody will create one.

In their efforts not to let the facts get in the way of a good rumour they completely overlooked the fact that Sunday was Family Day, and according to all reports, all players, with the exception of Tyson Lane, were present.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:56 am

Given that Betheras & Neon are the two obvious WA candidates (I'm sure others can point out who I've missed) and I most definitely saw Leon at Family Day - can others please confirm Rupe? - this seems to be exactly what Mike has said.

Come to think of it, I've never personally met Mike. I wonder if he really exists? Perhaps living in Tasmania is a cover for the shame of living elsewhere...Canberra or New Zealand for instance?

Broadie

[This message has been edited by Broadie (edited 20 March 2002).]
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:41 pm

Just to kill this rumour now.
This has been asked and answered on other boards. By all accounts the only player not presented to the crowd on Sunday was Tyson Lane. And he's retired, well maybe.

People, if its on radio, TV, newspapers or the net don't believe anything you hear about CFC. Collingwood sells newspapers, makes TV and radio ratings and attracts all types of idiots to the web pages to have a go at us.

-Craig

We Are Collingwood and you're NOT!!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:11 pm

Broadie ... I can confirm two sightings of Rupe on Family Day.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: