Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What the h*ll is going on down there?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phillbuck Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 7:39 am
Post subject: What the h*ll is going on down there?Reply with quote

What the heck has happened to this great team i.e. all the injuries ect.?

I don't post very much as I am a Yank and absolutely rely on this board to get my "FOOTY-PIE-FIX" each day from the greatest fans of the greatest team of the greatest game of all.

To hell with bickering and fighting what I want from "yous" is:

*How could there be so many injuries on one club when the bloomin 2001 season was just over 4 months ago. How can any real professional player get that out of shape and become that injury prone that fast----What hell is going on. Are the conditions that hazardous at training facilities and practice sites?

There has to be some reasonable cause for all these problems I read about every day?

Someone enlighten me ----Please!

Phill Bee
Lancaster, Oh.
USA

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question(s).

I too was wondering how some players can carry injuries into a season when they weren't injured before hand. Why was there so many injuries in inter club matches?

Not to be critical but we should have more players than what was available in the Wizard Cup. Hopefully most should be back by Round 1, however, interrupted pre seasons are never good for a player.

JDF
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:05 pm

I always thought that competitive sport was supposed to be good for you, physically, but I'm really starting to wonder about that. We're not the only Club with a long list of pre-season injuries. It seems to be happening everywhere. Something is seriously wrong with our game if its star players keep dropping like flies.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:40 pm

That is if yuo assume they really are injured and not just having an "extended pre-season" ie. MM didn't want to play them.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:42 am

A great number of injuries relate to the Ostetis Pubis complaint or the inflammation of the pubic bone area.Its the 'FAD' injury down at Pie Land. I had been to a few training sessions this year and tend to think this has resulted from the intense short sharp sprint work that we have focused on over the summer.
I think our conditioning man is under the pump a fair bit.
Our Endurance has been second rate and in all our pre season games we have looked tired and lethargic. I think we should go back to the 400's and 800 timetrials to get our fitness base back and it wont hurt our pubic area as much ....hopefully!!

Louis

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:32 am

It was only a few years ago, the game was under seige from the media reporting about all the knee reconstructions.

It was looked at, and it was decided that hard grounds and a faster game contributed to the increase in knee injuries (I wonder how much that pearl of wisdom cost us). Clubs changed their training methods and the problem was perceived to subside. Except in St Kilda, who had a new coach, full of traditional methods and training views (maybe an oversimplification).

But now it seems the media is reporting the game is plagued by Ostetis Pubis. It will probably be found that, the change in training tactics, to alleviate the knee injuries has led to a subsequent increase in groin injuries.

I do not know if the above is an accurate summary, but it does seem that the game is struggling to come to terms with the wear and tear on bodies that has accompanied the professionalisation of our game. In other words as the game becomes faster and stronger, we are discovering that some training and body types do not go together.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:34 am

... and I wholeheartedly agree to your attempt attrying to start some new topics for debate ...

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: