Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pavlich

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:53 pm
Post subject: PavlichReply with quote

You know every time I read in the paper how well Pavlich plays I get a knot in the stomach.
We don't get too much information from the media up here in Sydney, but I did get the notion that Collingwood were going to draft the kid a few years back. I heard Bucks went to South Australia to talk to the lad.
We had the first and third picks.It was common knowledge that we were going to pick up Fraser with No.1 and The Dockers wanted Haselby with pick No.2. Pavlich was ours. Until someone decided that McKee was needed. We sacrificed Clinton King, a player of great substance and the No.3 pick.
So what did we do? We gave those pricks at Richmond the No.3 pick and with the No.7 pick we received from the Tigers we picked up Danny Roach. Excellent pick he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I should let bygons be bygons but that decision still hurts.
A close second comes the move to Sydney by Schauble.
Guys and Dolls out there in Collingwood Land, just for discussion sake only, can we recall any other mistakes that have or will haunt us. And on the other hand can you think of some decisions that have been made that we have benefited from.
Damien Drum's decision to go to Fremantle instead of us was a great decision. It allowed us to chase Malthouse. We now have a coach that is one of the best.
I open discussion on the above ideas and questions.
Good Ol' Collingwood Forever.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you have to bring this up again!!! The board will be full of posts this week!!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
mark stokes 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:42 pm

yes there hhas been a few good and bad decisions at vic park.my topic is what happened to the gun recruits or the players that showed promise and didnt go on with it.here is my list of players
that maybe underachieved at collingwood....damien houlaham,terry keays,chad liddel,andrew tranquilii,jon ballynetyne,colin alexander,arron james,brad hardie,sav,jason mcartney can anyone else add to my list....

couldabeen

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 6:09 am

Jon Balentyne, well give the bloke a go. I was at the game when he wrecked his knee against Melbourne. After that he didn't really have a chance. Before that I remember him playing quite well (I was only quite young).

Andrew Tranquilli, yeah you are probably right about this kid. I remember him kicking 5 goals against West Coast one year and I remember thinking, 'This guy is a gun'. Well sadly he didn't turn out to be.

Sav, yeah well, he has his time at Collingwood. Even if he plays a good season or two at North I don't think he would have done that at Collingwood. HE had become very lazy and couldn't mark a thing. Good luck to him.

Jason McCartney, yeah well I've never really like him anyway. I think his only good game for Collingwood was when he kicked 4 goals one match. Apart from that I think he ain't that good of a player.

Chad Lidel - Thought he had promise when he first started but thats about it.

JDF
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:17 am

For someone who will never pull on the black and white stripes he sure does get a lot of discussion from Magpie Supporters!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 12:43 pm

We may see Pavlich in the Black and White one day. Who knows?!?

JDF
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:55 pm

wishful thinking Joel!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:18 pm

Kent Butcher would have to be another name that you can add to your list of potentials who never really made it. He was a ball magnet in the magoos, picked up a rising star nominee but could never maintain form in the seniors....wonder what he's up to these days!

[This message has been edited by Woody (edited 11 March 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: