Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anyone here ever had a shoulder operation?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:27 pm
Post subject: Anyone here ever had a shoulder operation?Reply with quote

I'm wondering this because my left shoulder is at the point where it pops out way to easy. Can you give me as much info as possible about your operation, rehab etc.
Thanks from Ian

Go Pies! Common England WC 2002! R.I.P George Harrison and John Lennon
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had a shoulder op but my friend has shoulder problems and he travels down to melbourne to see a guy who is apparently really good. cant remember his name or the name of the hospital he's at, it's the one near the fitzroy gardens and the g. If you need more info i can get it for you.

Fradam Wrote This
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:43 am

yeah i know who ur talking about fradam though i cant remember his name either!!

mervo 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:11 am

Hi Ian i have had two shoulder reconstructions one on each shoulder my first operation was 7 years ago my second was 4 years ago like you they were popping out too easily while playing football. my surgey was to repair the rotar cuff muscle as this is where the shoulder was popping out it involed cutting the srtecthed ligaments and tying them tightly then adding a couple off staples for extra support
The surgery took around 3 hours followed by 3 days stay in hospital . Not trying to put you of surgey but the pain was intense for the first 10 days would not wish it on my worst enemy
For six weeks after surgey your arm has to be strapped to your side 24/7 this was problay the worst part of it all not able to sleep on your side or stomach showering was a nightmare and just the boredom of not able to anything that requires both arms
After the six weeks is up you require intense physio around 3or 4 times a week as you loose so much muscle in this time thats its a struggle to lift your arm up in the air
By the second month i was able to start a weights program which really does help your shoulder but no contact sport for 4 months
End result a lot of hard work but its worth it the end as i have 100 per cent movement in both shoulders and no pain and still able to plat aussie rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: