Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Foxtel?Optus getting into bed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:22 am
Post subject: Foxtel?Optus getting into bedReply with quote

We hear that Floptus/Foxtel are getting into bed to TRY and supply a better sports arena.Foxtel inform us that C7 may close,BUT Floptus/Foxtel will be giving the same service on Sports as what Fox has supplied.This is all supposed to be happening on April 1st (April fools joke or what)
Any way there is a big story in todays Telegraph and I believe on Ch 10/9 sports report about it tonight.
Keep an eye on it.
Telstra also has to get their finger in the pie (the own 51%of Fox) and they recon that they will come up with a phone/internet/cable deal that will help every one out.If its like their b'cast over the internet,I'm sorry but you can count me out.
Any way I wont be around after June 3 as I will be starting on my trip.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I had a quick look at the story in the Age today. Does this mean that Optus will be showing Foxtel's sport channels? I quite like soccer and have never considered Optus because only Foxtel shows the English Premier League and the Spanish League (although Optus has the Champions League and UEFA Cup I think).

Optus has a very attractive package that includes Cable TV and Cable Internet access, which is a lot cheaper than Telstra's. I was thinking of getting this as I'm sick of dial-ups. If they include Foxtel's sport channels in the package I think I might be sold!

"consectatio excellentiae"
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:07 pm

The package is very attractive..as long as you don't want to do a lot of downloading! Both Telstra and Optus not only limit your cable/dsl (of which you pay quite a bit) to 3GB per month...they also have the gall to charge you for upstream as well....plus the bandwidth aint all it's cracked up to be! I ask....what's the point of shareware if you are charged for upstream? And Telstra just decides to hike up the price by about $12 per month...so the montly charge is now a lovely $87...and in this new price rise there is no changes to the plan! SHEESH!! The little &*&&**&%%&*&! I am in a no win situation, as Optus doesn't service my area and there aint no way I am going back to a speed of 56k when I've had 512 for the last year!

Anyways...I've had my bitch.....but yea...if Foxtel can come up with something like that it would be good...but realistically it is Telstra's lines they have to use so they may have cheaper plans but I am guessing with a lesser downloading limit!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:52 am

Losing the footy was the death knell for OPTUS as a standalone. Disney also started to appear on FOX this year too.

I just can help but feel that Australia has let a great opportunity slip. The introduction of pay TV could have been used as an excuse to rationise the deployment of all our communications and power grids throughout the country. But of course, our politicians, using all their infintite wisdom and experience decided to see just how things develop. And develop is what Murdoch did.

And we can not even hope that the advent of digital TV will improve the situation. The politicians were forced to concede so much ground to existing communication providers, in effect knackering digital TV's potential impact.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: