Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lilydale International Function

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legga 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:18 am
Post subject: Lilydale International FunctionReply with quote

I went to the opening of the Lilydale International on Tuesday night, which is now a Collingwood venue, with Pokies, function centre, dedicated members bar etc. Being branded as our 2nd social club. Apparently we have invested about $7 mill into the project.
Greg Swann was there, as was Eddie, who was on stage for about an hour telling people about the venue and all the other things going on. He reckons we will hear in the next 4 weeks about Olympic park. Said that in 2 years there will be a waiting list for Social Club membership, and that we will have 16,000 dedicated seats in the Northern stand for all MCG games.
We are looking at expanding into Roxborough Park area, as well as Williamstown and then into other regional areas.
I know from talking to another clubs marketing manager that the other clubs are getting pissed off that our club is increasing in Corporate support when the majority of AFL clubs (and all Victorian clubs except the dorks) are losing sponsorship and corporate dollars. If we have a successful year on field, this club will be massive.
I would suggest that if you are not on now, get on, because thanks to Eddie and his board, we are poised for a great era.
Forget about Sunday. Hey, everyone was disappointed, but signs are there that we have a pretty good team. Maybe still a year or two away, but the signs are good. (still need a Ruckman though. Can't get over that McKee trade)

Melsa5 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Legga,

What was the actual function like. I am from there, and just want to check out what they are offering to members.

Ta

Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Melsa5, they are putting in a members only bar, having players acting as barstaff on selected nights, interstate broadcasts and a few other magpie related things. possibly a club night, but from what they were saying, the club will get have a lot of involvement, and will have a lot of things going on there. Also having a merchandise outlet.
The night itself was pretty good, with probably 300 in attendance, with eddie, Greg Swan, Davis Emerson from the club, and Monky was there. Christ, he is huge!!
Doesn't cost anything to actually be a member of the International itself (i THINK)

Pies R Us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: