Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lets not panic......

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 6:16 pm
Post subject: Lets not panic......Reply with quote

lets not panic people

couple of points-

cummings didnt do any good cos he was the only forward target for us..thus every defender in red and white was on him.

ANy team without 75%of their elite top ten players will struggle...No Rocca, Fraser, Tarrant, Molloy, OBree, Licuria...

so lets not get TOO worried...

Lull the opposition into a false sense of security, when we are fit anf firing we are the equal or better of any team in the league...

SS

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right SS11....
actually at the moment Im praying you're right...

Good to have you back posting too long time since we heard from you....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:10 pm

Hey, SS11 ... Great to see your name on the screen again.

Hey, who's panicking? If I was any more relaxed I'd be horizontal.

Some free advice to all Pie fans ... find a bookie and back the bejesus out of us. We are a dead-set good thing for the flag this year. No risk.

**Dr.Alf's Turf and All-Sports Consultancy**
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:37 am

yeah i'm not too panicked either. sydney had already played a full practice match against essendon, and were said to be one of the sharper teams during pre-season training. not to mention that we were missing all our most important talls.

i just hope the supporters don't drop off for next week's game.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:30 am

I'm not panicking yet either...we were without a huge percentage of last year's senior players. Our forward line and midfield were particularly undermanned.

Good sign I thought was the performance of a couple of the youngsters, Didak and Davidson. They look promising.

A bit worried about Cummings though. I realise he wasn't supported in the forward line, but his timing seemed to be off (he was jumping too early) and his confidence was shattered early (he really seemed to sulk). I hope this is not a sign of things to come...he did seem fairly fit though.

Also still think we are lacking in defence - don't know how we will match up on some of the stronger forward lines.

And another thing - when will we learn to man up??? Sydney had loose men everywhere - I nearly lost my voice from yelling at the tv so much!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:48 am

It is February and cricket season. MM has only ever treated these games as practice matches. Without our best side we will always struggle because we have no depth of senior players. Our talent goes deep but they have no experience and are young and undersized. All in all, it is not time to panic yet.

A few worrying observations, however.

Firstly, we are still the worst rucking side in the comp. and maybe the worst there has been for some time. This is a glarring weakeness which we all know about. I am worried that there is no cure in sight for the current season and it WILL cost us this year. Hopefully the longer term is brighter. I am now of the opinion the we are waisting our time with the ruck set we have used for the last 2 years. If we are going to get badly beaten week in week out in the ruck, we may as well teach Guy Richards the position in the only arena that counts - the seniors.

Secondly, we are light on for key defenders. When we get all our forwards back, one will have to play down back IMO.

Thirdly, our midfield is full of promising youngsters but if Buck's and Obree are not both playing well (or one is out) we struggle. That is partly due to the ruck deficiencies and partly due to the lack of grunt in our lightweight midfield. I know we won 2 games well without Bucks last year, but we played spastics.

Fourthly, Cummings does not look to be the answer. I will give him a few more chances yet, but he has not impressed in practice games or Wizard cup.

Despite these few worrying signs, we are still a long way from round one. The next game will be important, though, as a test of attitude as much as anything. I will be looking for committment above all else from some players who are playinmg for their future and some who must surely be out to make the most of opportunities.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 18 February 2002).]
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:58 am

I'm not panicking,just BLOODY disgusted at the way the game went.
I am told that Wizard have sponsored the game to the tune of $100,000:00 for the winner,so who isnt playing for keeps.If I was offered that sort of money I would go out and play a game,buggered leg/bim or not.
At least 100 grand would go along way towards getting our mobile home on the road.
Any way I still think that the Swans played for keeps and our bloked just didnt try at all.Thanks my opinion any way.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 9:32 am

I agree PeterWH!!

"Grinners are Winners.."
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:12 pm

I aint worried one little bit !!

And in answer to your concern foxy if any collingwood supporter doesnt turn up next sunday at colonial when we play the hawks because of yesterday's result ...read my lips

WE DONT WANT YOU
WE NEVER DID
SO GET STUFFED!!!

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

lones 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:31 am

Well said Joff,
If anyone should be worried it should be the other 15 clubs out there who have 2 face the mighty pies this season, we will kick all their asses.
GO THE PIES IN 2002 AND 4 EVA
P.S I luv Ryan Lonie 4 eva

[This message has been edited by lones (edited 19 February 2002).]

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:21 pm

This year is gonna be huge. Can't take much out of the Warlock Cup. Just wait for the season proper. She'll be right mate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: