Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

By the fans for the fans?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Yankee (Wrestling) Site where I post, and that actually works quite well with a number of Moderators administrating its forums.

I would, however, suggest limiting the amount of Boards upon this Site, and creating a (passworded) Moderators' Forum where they can discuss decisions. After all, it'll be rare that everybody's available at the same time and, occasionally, one individual might consider it imprudent to take immediate action.

As for choosing who'd be Moderators, I'd actually suggest it be decided on seniority. I know that's a little unfair, but there've been a few guys who've posted here for as long as I can recall. They'd make perfect choices, and seem (to me) a tight-knit group. (Sorry - I don't want to name individuals at the risk of offending others I might inadvertently miss out).

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
RANT!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:49 am

Mike,

I checked the site a couple of days ago and was shocked that Nick's was closing, but didn't know what to say, I mean it's been around quite along time now...itd be different without it. I kept putting off my "POV" on the topic, hoping the BB would stay open. It seems I won't have to give it to you afterall. (am I making any sense).

Anyway, while I've been quite busy over the holdiday break, and probably will be a long time yet...I put my hand up to help out in any role...moderator, whatever, I'm more than willing to help.

Guys, like Mike said, differences will have to be put aside...you won't be able to argue or hold a grudge against moderation...you must remember it is for the best. Let's hope this works!!!

JDF

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 04 February 2002).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:07 am

What a relief. I knew I was only having a terribly nightmare the other day, whew!!

I have been without net access for about a month while shifting house (further into Carlton I'm sorry to say, but closer to Vic Park, so it's not that bad!) so I got quite a shock when people were saying "we're still here" etc.

I'd be very happy to help out if required, just ask, and in my optimistic view I think there are ways of of keeping the site alive, having a private moderators board, and a way of "pausing" a post while the moderators decide if it goes through or not. Not that that would ever have to be necessary, of course!!!

so keep us all posted!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:47 am

yeah thats a good idea mike.

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:34 pm

This sounds like a good idea and hopefully it takes shape. The biggest "concern" is the type of format that would be used and who would moderate such a board.

This site is easily the best from a Collingwood point of view and there is not as much angst in here as Bigfooty.

It is going to interesting to see who moderates because the person/s have to be as neutral as possible. Hopefully it does not happen but sometimes heated debated turns into personal attacks and vendattas.

To avoid this we need a balance of moderators so no one takes sides and ensures that each person is entitled to there opinions without abuse.

In Skob We Trust

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:57 pm

Absolutely Roey.

I may not post heaps in here, but I read it all the time and it's generally a refreshing change to find the friendliness and common sense that is dearly lacking on other boards.

I'm completely useless with computers, so I can't really offer much more than my best wishes that this board can be worked out.

Good Luck!

Colours are an illusion. There is only black and white.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:40 pm

Hi Mandy,

Brilliant post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work Princess

take care

JLC

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: