Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What Collingwood means to me

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:10 pm
Post subject: What Collingwood means to meReply with quote

The Euphoria of a win, The utter devastation of a loss, The passion, The pride, The ultimate feeling of elation when a 'Pie player does that one thing special to lift the team......
What it means to me... To us all....
All I have known my whole life is that Collingwood is special - A team for the ages - We will suffer defeat with a hurt that goes far deeper than just a game. We will celebrate a victory like no other supporter will, or ever has.
As an adult, I can still feel the excitement that I had as a child when a Collingwood side runs onto a football ground - I drift off to slumber at night thinking of my heroes - our heroes, gladiators on the park creating history for our proud and noble club.
My wife of 10 years doesn't follow football and doesn't understand where my passion comes from.... my boss at work is a Queenslander and will never understand.... my In-laws follow West Coast- a siler-spoon fed club right from it's existence...
When they they ask why I barrack for Collingwood, I just smile and say " It's in my blood"

Go Pies

BJ

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The PIES....the greatest team to ever put a jumper onto.Probably some of the GREATEST players to ever step foot on a paddock.
The most famous club in this country.The greatest following of any Club in Australia.The only footy club to have had a movie made about it.The only Club to be able to boast a movie star as a President.
Even though my wife cant follow the game properly,she tries and says that at least Aussie rules is 110% better than rugby league (that wouldnt be hard).
The Magpies have always been there when no-one has.We as ardent folloers have seen them win flags and been on the bottom of the ladder,but always been there to support them.
What does Collingwood mean to me....THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE LAND TO BE ABLE TO SAY THAT THEY ARE A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS......THATS WHAT THEY MEAN TO ME..........THEY NEVER SAY DIE AND THEY NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: