Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Conversation starter - Olympic Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moore30 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:52 am
Post subject: Conversation starter - Olympic ParkReply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, although I've been following it for the last year or so......

I know this subject has been covered before, but I would like to hear everyone's thoughts about the move to Olympic Park....

My opinion is that Vic Park, although a great heritage site, is inadequate for a 21st Century proffessional sports icon. The move to Olympic Park with the giant magpie emblem hitting you in the eye when you cross the bridge will be unbelievable!!!

Imagine all the Carlton & Essendon morons sitting in traffic on the bridge at the red light on a big match day.........jealousy is a curse.......

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

If Eddie has anything to do with it I'm sure it will be a great
success.
We will have fantastic modern facilities befitting the best club
in the AFL.
Imagine all the Richmond fans as well.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:49 pm

Welcome moore 30

I was a bit weary at first because vicky park is and was a big part of my life and im sure those sentiments are the same with many other magpies as well.

No matter where the future takes us victoria park will and allways be the soul of the collingwood football club.

I get a little dissapointed and hurt when i hear collingwood people knocking the old girl, The collingwood football club at victoria park very much shaped the history of the Australian Football League and it made collingwood what it is today.

A lot of us grew up at vicky park (well some of us did)and at some stage i guess we all had family members who like us never missed a game at vicky park ( who have since passed on) so emotionally the place is very much entrenched in the heart.
having said that im pleased to hear eddie say at a reecent BBQ that although when we will no longer be there no harm will come to the old girl.

Because every now and then this emotional old magpie wants to feel free to wander down there at some stage and just reminis. I'll leave it there because i kinda get emotional when talking about victoria park....who's got a tissue.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:34 pm

THE GLASSHOUSE:

For the betterment of the Club..... soon is not soon enough

For the stick it up 'em factor..... woo hoo can't wait

On the emotional side.... In the words of the late Peter Allen
"No matter how far or wide we roam
We'll always call Vic Park Collingwood's home"

Welcome to Nicks BB.. Moore30.. and also to the family....
By the way what took you so long??

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:57 am

I've got a radical idea. why don't we move the MCG and Olympic Park and place them right next to Victoria Park. That would solve all the problems concerned with leaving it.

Fradam Wrote This
moore30 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:38 am

Joff,

My sentiments exactly, just that the Club has outgrown her, I too miss those sunny Saturday afternoons out on the terraces.....& as long as we can still pay homage to the past in some form, I'm happy .....

Cobood,

What took me so long? I've been a paid up member for about 8 years(Adult 11), this year I took the leap and became a social club member for the first time....so I figured I should become more involved not only within the club, but with this forum as well....

By the way, anyone have updates on intra-club/pre season matches?

The Ashe Factor 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:26 pm

Howdy Guys, new to all this so bare with me. I think the move will fantastic for the club as it strives forward to once again become a true powerhouse in the competition. Vic Park will never be forgotten but i believe it is neccessary for the club to move forward and have a state of the art complex that will be the envy of all others. I have upgraded my season ticket to a social club membership because i believe that with our home being only a stone throw from the M.C.G. I will be able to make full use of the club and what the membership can offer. I believe that we wipe the floor with all this year and silence the knockers and i can't wait because unlike in 90 this time i wont be too young to toast the sweet success of my beloved black and white.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 9:05 am

Whats all this about Oly Park.I thought that only ARL was played there because of the size of the field,but I must be wrong.
Also I was under the impression that the MCG was out home ground.
It would be great for the PIES to have their own home ground and the sooner the better.
Get that ARL rubbish out of the area and let a GREATER game take over.
Being in Sydney,we dont hear whats going on down there.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
moore30 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 3:20 am

Hey settle there PeterWH, Oly Park will only be the admin & social club HQ for the club, the MCG is our home ground.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 9:05 am

Yeah Peter, as Moore30 said, Olympic Park will only be used as an Admin, Training, and Social Venue. Apart from that we will continue to use the MCG for match day games. Anywaym Olympic Park is much too small to host the crowds Collingwood pulls.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: