Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's more likely

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:42 pm
Post subject: What's more likelyReply with quote

Okay guys, we've all been pretty on the ball this week and come 4:30pm on Wednesday, all bar a handful of clubs have achieved anything in terms of finality through the trade week.

That said, as far as I'm concerned unless we are getting a proven ball winner under the age of 25, so someone in the ball park of James Kelly, James Bartel, Daniel Kerr or someone of that ilk, I think its time that we just lock away Pick 7 and use it in the draft.

What we need to be pushing, and I'm sure our people are doing so, but I think you'll find we are more likely to get a deal for O'Bree, Prestigiacomo and possibly Shaw than anything else. It seems like McGough isn't attracting interest just yet but the other three names are still in the pool. Now traditionally, Thursday of trade week is the day where the like for like deal or player for player deal is done. I expect us to have a bigger role tomorrow in the trade session.

Soooo.....what is the general consensus of us, the mere supporter and membership playing schmuck in the outer.

1. Keep pick 7 and trade players for players or late picks
2. Wait for the inevitable crack of Geelong and hope they don't trade with Essendon

What I can guarantee is that Richmond wont give Ottens up for nothing, no Choco stunt pulled here, the deal will go through.
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geelong ----> TENACE (was a pick 7 himself) or Bartel.

They wont give Kelly.
Nath Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:54 pm

Bartel had a better year than Kelly and thats overall as a year, regardless of JK breaking his leg. None of the Geelong players we've mentioned and had mentioned throughout are quick onballers either, good finishers but not quick. Bartel clever around stoppages.

Tenace, given...my bad is quick, but not established.
MarkT 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:01 pm

Pick 7 for a very good, quick, skilled midfielder or keep it. I'd take Brent Harvey despite his age. The reason is simple; we'd have one of the very best ball winning running and using midfields in the AFL with a diverse mix of types. he would complete our midfield and with a tall marking forward line including Rocca, Tarrant, Fraser, Cam Cloke, Davidson (hopefully) in some sort of combination as well as an improved ruck set up with Richards and varied relief from Fraser, Rocca and Cam Cloke we would be genuine premiership contenders. We'd ruck options that are genuine forwards rather than a second ruck who can't do a lot of damage when off the ball. We'd have the same old solid backline and a weapon midfield. Buckley, Burns Harvey, Licuria makes for a great combination.

Ordinarily I would go for a sell farm type strategy but we have a very young list and a bargain with Travis in the 3rd round. That's the same reasoning for North giving up the picks for Thompson.

Strategically we must negotiate with North and pressure Geelong into thinking pick 7 could fly away. North have lost their first 2 picks. It isn't a stretch to thing an early pick plus Thompson could make their supporters very happy. We may not get Harvey but we may get the player we want from Geelong. All the while we just keep telling Geelong we want Harvey and Ottens at pick 4 in type PSD for a club with half a million cap space is a juicy proposition. Not only do we want Bartel but we want to swap our 4th round pick for their third round pick to replace our 3rd rounder.

Alas we negotiate like Donald Duck.
TheGaffer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:14 pm

I don't think Essendon have anything to offer Geelong and/or Richmond because their 1st pick is in the teens. Sheedy never gives up his 1st pick anyway and is a tightarse as he prefers to pick up cheap players to recycle.

I don't know why people keep mentioning Harvey because he was never on the trading table anyway. North have said as much.

If Geelong won't budge with Bartel or Tenace then we should keep pick 7 and take the 7th best youngster in the land. Either way Geelong looses out not us.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:17 pm

Wait for Geelong to crack.

With the Blues possibly getting the Saints first round draft pick for Whitnall (thus giving them two first round draft picks (not in the top ten though) and a chance at getting Ottens) Geelong will be feeling a bit mroe pressure, and I still think we can break them, but don't trade it for less than what we've been asking for - maybe throw in O'Bree or Shaw or someone else (Williams lol) with pick 7 for Tenace or Bartell.

The danger is they trade with Essendon, also giving them two first round picks but also none in the top ten. We need to get Richmond to say a little stronger that they need one pick in the top ten or Ottens will be a Hawk in the PSD...

Whatever happens we wont know til late Thursday or more likely Friday at 1.50, as Geelong wait to see if the Tigers will drop their price, or if we will drop ours.

- Ben
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:22 pm

Bartel is the main option. Bartel plus round 2/3. I hope we just come out with at least one deal from the week. We need to chase Morrison, Buchanon as well as Bartel. Some how, we need to find a way to get someone different.

If no deal comes tomorrow, then lock up pick 7 and use O'Bree, Presti (it hurts), Lokan and also Shaw.

There is a strong rumour that we will get Ottens in the PSD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: