Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brent Harvey for our pick #7

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Brent Harvey for our Pick #7
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 22 ]
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 22 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 78

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not as a straight swap. Harvey and another player for #7, then maybe!
Hooked
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:03 pm

I reckon we hold and see what happens with the Cats, it's surprising what people will offer when they see a premiership (ie Ottens) on the lines (or that's what they will be thinking at cat land).

In order to get Bartell or Tenace I reckon we should offer pick 7 and a player (maybe Obree) for one of them on Thursday afternoon, let them sweat on that a bit and see if their midfielders are so untouchable then. If they still balk at that, then press for Harvey, and we should be able to get him IMO for 7.

- Ben
Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:09 pm
Post subject: Re: HarveyReply with quote

natkingcole wrote:
I voted no, only because I think a Tenance, Bartels or Kelly would be better.

I agree. Maybe a couple of years ago, he would have been handy in 2002. But he's not worth No. 7 now.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:06 am

Yes, definitly. Don't forget how good he was until this year. It would be perfect. Take him.

If we still had zoning, he'd be a Pie anyway.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:35 am

I wanted to keep Pick 7 initially, but if we can get a good player for it, I'm all for it.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:33 am

Huge image on the back page of this morning's "Hun" on pick 7 being the key in the Ottens trade. The article says Collingwood are shopping the pick to Geelong for either of Bartel, Kelly or Tenace, to help them swing the deal for Ottens. This has the makings of a deal, but Bomber has said he doesn't want to trade away any of his young gun midfielders, so in the end it will come down to whether they want Ottens that much.

I don't think the North/Brent Harvey deal is the way to go but doubt it will ever get to that stage anyway. North might pick him up in the Pre Season Draft if Geelong don't do a trade first.

On their own website, Bomber is quoted as saying they are not far off a premiership, so I tend to think the temptation to grab Ottens might prove too much for them. If they do swing the deal, though, I'll say here and now that Geelong will regret it; Ottens is vastly over-rated and he's really only leaving Richmond because he wants more money - too much, to tell the truth. He's never shown the consistency you'd want to see before paying half a mill per year for one player. I also think Geelong have done wonders developing their young kids and that he will be a major disruptive influence around the place. He'll do what he's done at Richmond; play the occasional cameo which makes people think he is a gun, then it will all get too hard for him and he'll go back into his shell.

For what it's worth, though, Tenace is the one I'd pass the pick over for.

Geelong's own opinion of these players:

Bartel: (20 184cm 81kg) Young midfielder who did not live up to the promise he showed in 2002, despite playing two more games. Has the ability to find the ball, but needs to do more with it and improve his leg speed. Faces a big challenge to cement a regular place in the senior side, but has time – and talent – on his side.

Kelly: (20, 182cm 78kg) It seemed it was a classic case of the second-year blues for Kelly in 2003. After making a big impression in 2002, he struggled with the extra attention of opposing clubs and at one stage had a three-week spell in the VFL. If he can bulk up and continue to work hard in the packs – he was in the top five in tackles and hard-ball gets for the Cats – he will be part of Geelong’s next generation.

Tenace: (19 182cm 78kg) One of the most sought-after players at the 2003 National AFL Draft, Tenace is a ready-made midfielder who boasts a fine CV at junior level and has all the attributes to make the grade. Has exceptional pace and ball-handling ability and has won high praise for his ability to hit targets. Played for Victoria Country at last year’s National AFL Under-18 Championships, was selected in the All-Australian side and won the Murray Bushrangers’ best and fairest.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:38 am

Ottens will become a Gaspar.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:52 am

Cannibal - I think those litle biographies haven't been updated for 2004. Just thought I would make sure people know that.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:00 pm

I still believe we can get Harvey, although it looks unlikely now with the Hawks losing Thompson...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: