Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Memberships

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2000 3:48 pm
Post subject: MembershipsReply with quote

Right. We gotta get ahead in the memberships! Right now I got to say that I don't have one because my casual job meant that I could't afford it but I'm getting a membership this week and one for my brother. So everyone thinking about sigining up DO IT NOW!!! This doesn't mean that those of you who don't have the money have to sign up but those who were strongly thinking of doing it (and have the money). DO IT! Come on lets band together. We have asked for a stonger Collingwood for a long, well maybe now we have it. Lets make the most of it.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Brad 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2000 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a member, i cant really afford it, and i am not really very happy about what i have recieved from the club!! In early October i payed for the membership, they said i would get the card and that in two weeks i recieved it in January. Also as part of the deal i am supposed to get the B & W magizine i havent got one yet!! And then the club has got the cheek to send me information about a meal before the Sydney game that is $150 dollars a head. I am seriously considering not joining next season unless the club gets its act together.

T

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 9:21 am

Brad I know this has happened alot but we still need the support the club financially. First of all I believe that (not sure about this) but they will only be distributing specified issues of in B&W. And you know what how will you get finals tickets (good ones anyway) if you are not a member?

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 7:01 pm

Joel

If you want finals tickets you'd better start queuing now. Unless you're a Social Club member.

If we happen to make the Grand Final I can guarantee that there will be at least 20,000 Collingwood season ticket holders who will miss out on a ticket. Legends Members and Social Club members will get the first go at the tickets. Everyone else will have to queue for the leftovers. It happens every year.

If you've only got a basic Season Ticket you will probably be OK for the lead-up finals, but it is almost impossible to get tickets for the Grand Final unless you buy the more expensive levels of membership. Either that or hand over several hundreds of dollars to a scalper. This is because the corporate yuppies get all the tickets.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 4:44 am

Alf I realise this and was talking about the lead up finals anyway. But don't you worry I will figure out a way to get in the ground if we did make the Grand Final. I have a few options other than myself for getting tickets. Also just something else to mention: the AFL usually says there are no tickets on sale at the gate, however I managed to go to the 96 Grand Final by buying a ticket at the gate. I was standing outside Punt Road oval and had a sign asking for tickets (from scalpers etc). We were offered a few but they were a few hundred bucks (for the lot) so we decided we wouldn't buy those. However after standing there another hour or so, some Irish guys came upto us and told us that they were selling tickets at the gate. We basically sprinted across to the gate and got in! How is that for a story. Nothing is gonna stop me from getting to a Collingwood Grand Final though, I will buy tickets from scalpers if I have to!

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:25 am

Joel,

It still would be cheaper if you buy a Captain's Social Club Membership for around $350 instead of going to scum of the earth scalpers. You get a reserve seat for all home games, priority finals tickets, guarenteed grand final ticket and a Magpie Cap.

------------------
Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2000 2:42 am

Clemo I would go for that except at the moment I can't afford it. Probably in a not next year but the year after I will. But for the mean time what I will get will have to do. I could probably get the Captains membership for $250 on Concession. But like I said I could figure out a way to get in, I have alot of people I can turn to if I need a ticket and if it comes to it then I will get the money from somewhere to buy a ticket from a scalper etc. But I would rather go through other channels which I would try.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2000 6:27 am

I think we'd better shut up about Grand Finals or someone's going to write in and condemn us for our optimism.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2000 3:27 pm

Yeah, Alf thats exactly what I always think when I write something positive about Collingwood. I feel like someone is going to snap back at me and put me in my place, maybe its because we have been out of it for so long. However, during the last few miserable years I have stuck up for Collingwood whenever possible. When I make a post on another forum and I think to myself, If I post something positive about Collingwood then some idiot is going to come out and say I'm wrong and that I'm a typical Collingwood supporter! Anyone else sick of this?

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: