Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bush fires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:08 am
Post subject: Bush firesReply with quote

As I am typing this to put to the Bulletin Board,the firsed here in Sydney have broken out in Epping/Pennant Hills.I am looking at the TV and there are heaps of 'fireys' and people fighting this fire which has just brojken out near the North Epping Bowling Club,whichis map 173 in the UBD.
Its getting worse up here and we still dont know how it started.
At present its 36 degrees and a strong Westerly blowing.
Please god get rid of these fires and BRING BACK THE FOOTY.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gday Peter, Can u plz tell me is the new fire that has broken out today in the Epping area, is the Close to Mona Vale as I have some cousins there

Thanks Peter.

Oh and Happy new year

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:09 am

G'day all,
the fires are still burning around Nth Epping,Lane Cove,Pennant Hills,South Turramurra,and West Pymble.
As I type here Sky news Ch 34 is showing the latest up date and the winds are picking up from the West at around 25-40kmph.
Out here in Liverpool all we are able to do is look north east and the sky is smopkey.
The Volunteers up here are doing a FANTASTIC job and no more homes have been lost and to their credit no lives are oost.
By the way Avalon from Pennant Hills where the fires are is around 30km away so there is no problem there.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:48 pm

Mags, the Lane Cove national park goes down to Chatswood... next suburb to me

So far the Lane Cove National Parks area, Wahroonga, Pennent Hills, West Pymble etc is not movingany further south (due to the fantastic effort of all the fireys there). Yanko road, Comenarra parkway and Kissing Point Road are either closed or partially closed. The M2 is open but traffic is slow b/c of all the smoke reducing visibility.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all the people with their lives on the line to fight this bushfire.

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:04 pm

No Mags, it has not crossed Ryde road yet. From the last reports I heard the North West fires had just been contained... when I mean just been contained, I mean JUST -- the difference between contained and out of control is around 2 minutes.

If the fire situation changes (up here - on the North Side) I will let you know as Lindfield is the next suburb north to me.

The winds this afternoon were blowing the fires towards Lindfield - fortunately the fires were contained. So hats off to the fireys who kept things under control.

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:01 am

We are now told that the fires are all under control up the Nth West of sydney,the main concern is Sussex Inlet (15 houses lost) and also around Mt.Hall in the Blue Mts around Wentworth Falls.A few areas around the central coast are a worry,but the MAGIC VOLUNTEERS in NSW have got all under control,so the HQ tells us.
The south coast is the main concern now,but there are still firest burning around Kurrajong
Catch you later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:00 pm

I think it's great that people come on here and inform people of what is happening with the fires like where the outbreaks are etc, Just wish it wasn't needed that's all.

I don't live in NSW but I do have friends who live in NSW but i have heard from them so I know they are fine.

Can't quite understand why people would go around starting fires it's really worrying actually.

Keep those reports coming in.

GO PIES

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 5:25 pm

Thanks MAgs. Peter thanks for all the updates. Keep the good work up mate.

my prayers are with all those involed with the bushfires. I know how u all feel as my oldest brother and his family came very close to lose their house in the 1997 Bushfires in the Dandenongs.

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:06 pm

still praying everyones ok

i just can't believe how someone.. or ppl, could start all the destruction... its unbelievable.

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:59 am

The latest on the bushfires is that Sussex Inlet and places south are in trouble.You would all probably know by now that 10 or so homes have been lost down there.Sussex Inlet for those not sure,is around 200km south of Sydney and just past 'The Gong'.All the area around there is still on hight alert.Also in trouble is Woodford in the Blue Mountains,Hazelbrook and,Bullaburra andWentworth Falls.They are all between Katoomda and Springwood on the Great Western Highway.
Also another place for concern,which is at this time is Kurrajong,Bowen Mountain and Mt Colo.The Sydney suburbia is at present OK.
Any further and we will let you know.
If you guys in Melbourne have Foxtel keep an eye on Sky news ch 34,as so far its coverage has been great.
Catch you all later

By the way ALL Volunteer firefighters are worth their weight in GOLD as is ELVIS

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: