Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Up to our eyeballs in soot

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 10:06 am
Post subject: Up to our eyeballs in sootReply with quote

Us poor bastards out in the west of Sydney (where we live)are really getting an eyeful.
There is soot evrywhere,burnt leaves floating all over the place.I have a WHITE one tonner in the drive way,which is grey and the whole Bloody area is a mess.The powers that be recon that all the fires out this way were deliberately lit.I have been told to stand in line.
From Liverpool west,north and south we are covered in a smoke haze and all we can see is a BIG red ball that is called the sun.I dont think that there has been a clear day since Xmas day,but lets look on the bright side,it hasnt been BLOODY cold and wet (we wish)
Any way lets bring on the footy,I am getting sick of seeing the repeat promo on ch14 Foxtel,and lets get down to some serious Thrash Bombers/kill Blues games.
Catch you on the flip side

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everyone in sydney and surrounding areas are alright. Must be horrible to see nothing but smoke,haze etc.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:25 pm

smoke...haze...everywhere.....reminds me of Joffa's loungeroom.

Must be pretty bad, making lead story on news here.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:19 pm

agreed *molloymagic*

i hope everyones ok, thats all that counts, dat every1's safe

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:10 am

Well we are safe here in Liverpool,but when I looked north out of the kitchen window this morning all that could be seen was SMOG.Its hasnt got much better,but the folks at Helesburgh,Woollongong and the Mountains are the ones that are suffering most now.
We had our turn on Christmas day/Boxing day.
And Yeh Dave in London,the mrs had a snigger at your comment......never been to Joffa's place,so we aint sure sure what his lounge room looks like hi,hi,hi.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 5:17 pm

what i am really hating about all the soot is that it burns the back of my throat can't sleep through the night without waking up at least once with a really dry throat.

I am on the north side of Sydney and away from the fires. My thoughts go out too all those who aren't so fortunate.

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:34 am

We thought that we were SAFE....just had word that Holsworthy has now got the Queenslanders and Mexicans out there backburning.
My God we hope that they know what they are doing???????
The main drag from Liverpool to Heathcote is now closed,so we have to go the long way around to get to the 'Gong.
I can tell you out here in L'pool its a sorry sight.The wife has been picking up embers thaat have been blown down from the Mounts and also from Warragamba.The scout camp at Cataract has been avacuated because of the threat (the cops recon that that fire was deliberate) Any way the view from our back kitchen window looking north is still SMOG,but we dont know when it will get better.
At least one good thing around is that the Sth Africans are on the ropes in the cricket and they have just gone to lunch.
Any cough,cough,splutter,splutter,catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:44 pm

The "mexicans" know what they are doing. And you should be damn grateful that they are there.

-Craig

FAITH

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:26 pm

Well said Craig......My sentiments exactly....

BE LOUD....BE PROUD
(September...we WILL be there)

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 8:13 am

Sorry Black _White and Cabood,I wasnt trying to be sacastic....All the help we can get in Sydney is appreciated and everyone is extremely thankful.We have just had a Southerly come thru and more roads are being closed off.The Firestorms are heading from the South of the city towards us at Liverpool.
Once again sorry for the sarcastic comment.....no harm meant
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:18 am

Some-one said that an act of terrorism would occur either Christmas Day/New Years Day,but no one told us that Mother Nature or arsonists would be the terrorists.
Caytch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 10:01 am

Good point, Peter.

We often call arsonists by the term "firebugs", but I reckon that expression trivialises what these people actually do.

An arsonist should be called by the correct term ... TERRORIST ... because that's exactly what they are. Whether their motives are political or whether it's just to get attention, let's call a terrorist a terrorist.

Actually I'm surprised no one has suggested that Al Qaeda is responsible for the fires. It would make sense ... especially after John Howard went to such great lengths to make us a target with his pathetic crawling to George Bush. And starting bushfires would be the perfect act of terrorism for Australian conditions.

I don't seriously think Al Qaeda is responsible, by the way. There are enough idiot Australians in this country to wreak havoc without fanatics from the Middle East having to lift a finger. Why bother destroying a country when the country is busy destroying itself.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:07 pm

To all in NSW from a former Balmain and current Magpie girl - God I hope you all keep safe and all your precious memories remain intact! We have just had word that my uncle has lost his home and posessions but thankfully they are unscathed. Really sad he was a pioneer of the Lithgow railway (Zig Zag) and many of the restored train carriages and things he had have been destroyed. I know this is supposed to be a joyous time but God I am over it - working in ICU and admitting people who have been injured by family members does put a damper on the season!!! I want the footy season back now and I want to go and see my boys kickin arse!!! preferably red & black or blue & white or black & yellow - oh what the hell just every other's team back side from one side of the G to the other! Stay safe and god bless our firefighters!!!!!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 9:18 am

Hey listen here Lica's No.1 Fan,I aint critising any one,now get off the grass and quite being so spiteful.You are in Melbourne,I live in Sydney,we have been in the misddle of these fires for 10 days.
Believe me brother if I could get out there and assist I would,but its a bit bloody difficult when you are confined to a SOFT chair,no feeling in the right leg,a major back operation,a slipped disc that has been operated on etc.etc.My only escape is FRED here.
I am not critical of these Volunteers.I used to be a member of SES many years ago.I was a Signals Offcer for them for 10 years,but when the Division closed down....then what.
I come on here eacha day to voice my opinion and look forward to getting sensible replies,not critical ones.
Now you take care of yoursef.
Catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: