Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Footy Socks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 11:37 am
Post subject: Footy SocksReply with quote

Hey Alf Andrews: Back in the late sixties (oops, there I go showing my age again) there was a lecturer in the History Dept at Monash who was such a fanatical South Melbourne supporter that he regularly wore his "Bloods" footy socks to work - he dressed in a suit! I'm not sure but his name may have been Frearson or something similar! Assuming that you can confirm that the practice did occur, what about reviving it - with Magpie socks, of course.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 6:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wear black socks anyway. Not actually footy socks, but who can tell the difference?

Mind you, it would take a bit of guts to wear South Melbourne socks. Especially with a suit.

I'm not actually a lecturer at Monash. I'm only a post-graduate student. And I'm hardly ever there anyway because I live at North Fitzroy and it's a major hassle getting there. I do most of my research at Melbourne Uni or the State Library. So, I doubt if my fashion habits are going to make much impact on the scholarly community in the Ming Wing.

I'll ask my supervisor if he can remember the South Melbourne supporting lecturer. Watch this space.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 3:44 pm

Jon (and Alf) - the memory is a bit rusty but the name Keith Frearson (not sure of the spelling) seems to stick in my mind. The guy was certainly there in 69 & 70. I might have the name totally wrong, though!
NT - Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2000 6:24 pm

sorry guys, but who gives a poopla!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: