Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks in Doubt?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 10:44 am
Post subject: Bucks in Doubt?Reply with quote

This is an article taken from realfooty.com.au

Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley is in doubt for Saturday's clash against the Kangaroos.

Buckley did not take part in today's long and intensive training session at Victoria Park.

Magpies coach Mick Malthouse would not hint at Buckley's ailment but said he might wait until the last minute to decide if he would play against the Kangaroos on Saturday.

``Nathan Buckley's a bit sore...we're hopeful he'll play,'' Malthouse said.

``He's had a fairly torrid five weeks and he's just picked up a bit of a niggler and we're just weighing up the pros and cons of his week.

``If it's obvious what the player's got then I'll say it but if it's no then I'm not about to announce it,'' he said.

``We'll have a look at him on Saturday morning if we need to.''

Collingwood, unbeaten with Essendon after the first five rounds, suffered a double blow this week before one of the most severe tests it will face.

Star forward Anthony Rocca was suspended for two matches after being found guilty of striking Bulldog Craig Ellis.

Not only will he miss Saturday's match, but also the blockbuster against Essendon on Anzac Day.

Malthouse also revealed Saverio Rocca, who will play his 150th game against the Roos, was struggling to adjust to the Magpies' new strategy.

``I think in general he, along with two or three others, are still coming to grips with the game plan,'' he said.

``But those players, along with himself, have done everything in their power to join in.

``It's a case of being patient and him being patient as well. It'll come together at some stage for
------------------------------------------

Is this a ploy by MM to offput the North Kangaroos (where he may not be injured but it leaves the Roos in doubt)?

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you are probably right in your observations. However I'd still like to see Bucks in the team.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2000 7:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I was up late tonight. I've been downloading a heap of mp3s so thats why if anyone noticed the time I posted the last 2 messages.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: