Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Newsflash - Bombers hot for Leon's Magic.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd degree wrote:
The only possible trade I would deem acceptable would be Rioli for Davis. And knowing the bummers wouldn't do this, the windy hill whingers can stick it!

No thanks. I don't think we need a guy like Rioli. Its like fast for slow, when we have little players with pace. How about Ricky Dyson or is that too much to ask?
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:16 pm

Joel, I got canned for posting a rumour, complete with URL, regarding Wallace taking the Tigers coaching gig.

It was stated then that all rumours are to include the source.

Hooked
Pants & Rowdy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:28 pm

Dale61, sorry mate..was not aware of that stipulation as Iam new to this board. However, Steve Quartermain first floated this rumour on radio about a week and a half ago. But since heard that their is merit too it.
Never Forget the #42
Dale61 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:59 pm

No problems P&R.
Hooked
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:11 pm

like J26 said in regards to a trade of magic for pig rioli...... its like trading something we lack (pace) for something we have plenty of (slow, out of shape players).

We should be looking for another backmen, someone quick in the midfield (which rules out essendon) or a crumbing forward. Out of the bumbers list, McPhee and dyson are players that would be worth getting. Sheedy would never trade either of those 2.

If the rumour is true

Leon + draft pick for Mcphee (not our first rounder) would be the only trade i would like to see. I dont even think Leon for Dyson as a straight swap is even worth it. I'd rather invest more time developing Leon.
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:44 pm

A number of strong rumours around about Leon heading back West.

It will be interesting as to the level of REAL interest from others clubs in Leon.

For all his undoubted flair, there is the corresponding showpony streak and an underlying doubt in his team focus.

To Essendon ??? Curious. Not sure whether they will have much on the trade table.

Mind you, if they are still interested in Richie Cole then they are quite welcome to him. Maybe they can make a silk purse out of a sows ear but frankly a dumb footballer will remain a dumb footballer no matter the jersey.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:06 pm

Rumour has it Akermanis is keen on our captaincy. Off the record of course.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:34 am

Dale61 wrote:
In response to the topic starter, wasn't it a mods decision that unless the source of a rumour is named, then any posts of these types would be deleted?

That should only be if the rumour is potentially damaging to someone.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:18 am

bokka, I don't know how to interpret what was explained to me, but if I ever do post anything regarding a rumour, I'll always post the source.
Hooked
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:30 am

Dale61 wrote:
In response to the topic starter, wasn't it a mods decision that unless the source of a rumour is named, then any posts of these types would be deleted?

If you say that, you might as well be saying that bulls*&^ is forbidden. I'd say that would be more appropriate for a philosophy or science forum, certainly not a footy discussion.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:07 am

PiesFan wrote:
Leon + draft pick for Mcphee (not our first rounder) would be the only trade i would like to see.

That will never happen. McPhee has shown that he is a star, and Leon has only shown flashes. McPhee is already ahead of him, and will never leave Essendon.

If Davis was to move, you'd think he was on his way back to Western Australia. But the Dons are al;ways interested in Aboriginals, with guys like Long and Lovett-Murrey, and have been on the look out for Cole. Don't discount it, but be very warey trading with the Bombers (Olorhenshaw for pick 12 (Rammanouskis)).
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:00 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
How about Ricky Dyson or is that too much to ask?

Dyson? c'mon mate. Magic is worth more than him!. I reckon if we wanted Dyson so much, we could trade Kinnear for him - thats all Dyson is worth. He's shown nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:35 pm

I know Daks, but the Bombers are usually tight traders, and usually get the best of the deal. Dyson is the only player I can think of that would suit us. I don't know who else we would take. Maybe one of the Johnson's or Rammanouskis. Even Peverill or Mark Bolton. But we won't trade Davis. I don't care about the whispers about him going to West Coast - he won't leave and has stated he is very happy at Collingwood.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:14 pm

I'm wondering if this rumour comes from that one passing comment from Leon after the Freo game, when he said the reason he starred was because of playing back home?? That doesn't mean he is wanting to transfer to a WA club ASAP. And just because he got a rush from playing in front of a home crowd for the first time in about a year or more, doesn't mean he would always play better in Perth if he lived there.
I would think the novelty would soon wear off and it'd be back to business as usual very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: