Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Delist/Tradeable Players

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has mentioned Lonie...

I agree that most of the names mentioned need to go, but I'd keep Davis and McGough because we wouldn't get anything worthwhile for them.

For some reason people rate Lonie, and Hawthorn may like to get the other brother.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:45 pm

I don't want to get rid of Lonie. he is too classy and skillful for us to lose him.
melissa Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:48 pm
Post subject: Tradable PlayersReply with quote

O-Bree - someone said he's improved in the last couple of weeks - huh?! When? Has been way too inconsistent, too many turnovers and not accurate at goal.
McGough - Although i think this kid can read the fall of the ball he isn't quick enough and his skills aren't quite up to scratch. It isn't enough to be a great wet weather player.
Davis - If we get a good enough trade, maybe - he has worked his butt off to try and stay but was it enough for MM?
Williams - Hasn't done squat this year, but came good in last game. Maybe hold onto him for one more season.
Kinnear - Why is this guy still on our list?!!!

For the person who suggested that Woewodin isn't an in-and-under player, I wonder what they are on, because I can't count the amount of times I've seen him crawl out from the bottom of a pack when the ump calls a ball up. He's valuable, keep him!
As for Lonie, he's our most accurate goal kicker at the moment, other than Burns and Bucks. I can remember him kicking only one point in the last few games, the rest have been goals, including those two brilliant goals against Richmond. He can play down back, up forward and on a wing. MM would be insane to trade him.

Daks Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:52 pm

roar wrote:
Nobody has mentioned Lonie...

I agree that most of the names mentioned need to go, but I'd keep Davis and McGough because we wouldn't get anything worthwhile for them.

For some reason people rate Lonie, and Hawthorn may like to get the other brother.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. WE WILL NOT BE TRADING LONIE!. Why would we trade one of the most accurate kicks in our team when our number one let down this season has been our disposal by foot? If Lonie is traded, i will assume the club doesn't want a future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:05 am

The problem with Lonie is, that he is tasty trade bait. Clubs will be playing for him.
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:41 am

Johnson#26 wrote:
The problem with Lonie is, that he is tasty trade bait. Clubs will be playing for him.

Yes, but we (as other clubs do) must resist the tempation. We can't afford to lose a quality kid like Lonie - no matter how tempting the offers are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:19 am

How can people talk about trading Presti??? He had an injury riddled year - one bad year in five - out the door??? GET REAL!!!

Woey - safe as houses.

Obree must go unfortunately.

Licuria - trade him now!!! He only has a couple of years left and his value would be high. I love Licca, but if you want to get something - you have to give something.

McGough - ball magnet. I would keep him. Don't care about kicking, just tell him to handball!!!

And, to the bye-bye list:

McKee, Lokan, Williams.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:38 am

Licca has just signed a new three year deal, so couldn't be traded anyway (you can't trade players in the first year of a new contract).

I agree that, this year, we needed to retain both Presti and Wakes but both are now vulnerable as the new kids come through. One will be superfluous next year if Walker settles into the backline as expected. If someone offers a decent trade for Presti, I'd take it. Wakes is 30 and we couldn't expect anyone to trade for him, but he is more mobile than Presti, therefore the one I would be more prepared to retain for another year. Whilst Presti could arguably stay around for another five years, he is too one-dimensional: at 193cm, he is too small for the really tall FF's and is too slow for the quicker ones. But, at 26 and with a solid record behind him, he has trade value. Better for him, too, to consider moving on whilst he has a chance to do so, as the older he gets, the less likely another club would take him and he'd just end up being delisted.

Actually, the more I think about it, maybe Richmond would consider trading their 4th pick for Presti (perhaps plus another player) and our 23rd pick. I'd do a great deal to get my hands on that pick and Richmond need a FB, as Gaspar is past it. I'd rather another top pick than a player.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:53 pm

Daks wrote:
[Why would we trade one of the most accurate kicks in our team when our number one let down this season has been our disposal by foot?

Because he's soft! And unlike every other player mentioned here, he could be traded for something worthwhile.

You do have a point with him being one of the few players that can kick well - if only he could grow some balls.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:52 pm

I think its time we just forgot about Lonie, Fraser and Woey - are they REALLY going to be traded? NO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: