Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Please Im confused....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:38 pm
Post subject: Please Im confused....Reply with quote

Last time i checked, we finshed 13th. I hate it to... But if we are going to move up the ladder we need to clear out dead wood, and trade for players that are gonna strengthen our team. Not necessarily stars, think mcphee, cupido, clement, holland etc...

MM stated clearly that he will clear out half of the youngtsers, and has said Cam, Maxwell, Davidson, Rowe & Stretch will be regulars. So why would u keep guys like mcgough and shaw???

Ie Kinnear, Williams, Mckee, McGough, Rhyce, Shack, Mullins, Lokan etc might END up being good players, but there is no point keeping em so other teams dont have em. If they are no god, theyre not good to us.

We cant keep everyone, and not every player we pick up is gonna be a star, which is what many posts would have u believe.

be realistic, these guys are only human, and if they are not good enuf, well, say thanx they gave their best for us when they were here, and wish em well when they move on.

BK included.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know guy richards is tall but being 6"6 myself the nickname stretch would'nt sit well with me.
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:49 pm

lol, fair point... but i didnt give him the nickname...

We can think of something else if u want... But please, we dont want another Richo!!!
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:16 pm

what about we call him Lou
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:24 pm

Quote:
Ie Kinnear, Williams, Mckee, McGough, Rhyce, Shack, Mullins, Lokan etc might END up being good players, but there is no point keeping em so other teams dont have em. If they are no god, theyre not good to us.

They are all in the gun. Only Rhyce, Goughy, McKee and Shacks have a chance of staying. Also ad Nixon to the list.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:30 am

it shouldn't have to be a big problem letting go of promising young players, even if some of them develop into very good players - so long as we trade for similar young players who show similar *possible* potential.
Take Mullins for example, he *might* become a very good player or even star in the next couple of years, but if we swap him for a similar second year player from another club, it's just as likely that player will become a force for us (a la Clemo, Brodie, Wakes).
You can't have a crystal ball but as long as you trade wisely (and it's a big if) the odds are you will break even, all other clubs have to delist 5 as well, including the very strong lists.

When you look at it that way, you don't have to sweat too much on whether you are letting go of future stars, in fact no matter who you drop it's a pretty safe bet that at least one of those you let go *will* become a great player, and at least one of those you pick up will also.

I must admit I'm worried about dropping Crow though, I have a feeling he could become something really unique, maybe even a tall James Hird though that may be stretching it a bit.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:13 am

bokka wrote:
Take Mullins for example, he *might* become a very good player or even star in the next couple of years, but if we swap him for a similar second year player from another club, it's just as likely that player will become a force for us (a la Clemo, Brodie, Wakes).

Mullins is the sort of player who might come back to bite us. He has skill and class and seemed to lose heart when dropped after a good showing in his fiirst match. That is mytifying, as he was solid against the Dockers and dropped the next week. Then he was good at Willi and still couldn't get a game. Amazing.
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:18 am

Bokka 100% mate...

That was my point. Unfortunately u can keep everyone, but u got to do the best u can to improve the club.

Essendon got rid of, caracella, heffernan, and blumfield, hardwick... and brought in players of McPhee, Cupido, and some great young players. We got to do the same.

Think, Brisbane never went after quick fixes, ie high priced superstars that would have to trade 4 players for. You get players u need to structure ur team right. And develop young players to compliment ur team for the future.

This year has taken us a long way to sustained future success, GO PIES
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:33 pm

To do what Essendon did, we'd be getting rid of Dids, Lones and J.Cloke - not what we want to do.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:06 pm

bringbackheathscotland wrote:
I know guy richards is tall but being 6"6 myself the nickname stretch would'nt sit well with me.

I've heard him referred to as Limo.

Hooked
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:36 pm

thats ok but I'm sticking with Lou
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: