Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Just to clarify something

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:55 am
Post subject: Just to clarify somethingReply with quote

When a club says it is "delisting players" it doesnt mean they are getting rid of em without offering them up for trade.

The club is just stating if they dont get anything for them, they wont be at the club next year.

Ie. Richmond and their cullings..

Quote... "it's understood the Tigers yesterday told three players they were not required next year. Another three will be told by 10am today... players will be offered for trade in October. "
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10633547-23209,00.html

Im just confused as to why everyone thinks these players have been given their marching orders without trying to get something if they can. Believe me, if someone wants em, theyll be traded, even for a 5th round pick
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought if you were delisted, then you would have to be redrafted by the club. I point to Alessio who was delisted by Essendon in October and had to be redrafted by essendon using a late draft pick in the Nov Draft. Delisting is getting you off their list. They want you back on they gotta use a draft pick.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:29 am

Further, Betheras was not delisted until AFTER the Nov Draft so that he could be used as Trade bait. He could not have been taken in the Nov Draft only the March one.
Cannibal 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:48 am

There's a deadline by which clubs have to reduce their lists to a maximum of 35 players ahead of the National Draft but, offhand, I don't recall what that deadline is, although I do know it is after the trading period. Anyone delisted now is still available for trade. It is just the club saying that the player will be officially delisted before the Draft if not traded in the interim. It doesn't stop the club from trading them if they can.
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:55 am

Wink exactly cannibal...

Alessio was delisted, the redrafted for $$$ reasons...
Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:08 pm

oh, and btw, there is still an opportunity after the trading period to finalise delistings. I think roop was delisted after november draft, meaning he could only go in december.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:13 pm

Yeah but any Tigers delisted now who are not traded before the Nov draft can just be picked up for nothing if you use a draft pick on them. Alessio could have been drafted by anyone who had a pick before Essendon.

You just repeated what i said about betheras woey. How about reading what i posted?

Di Di Didak Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:16 pm

Cam wrote:
Further, Betheras was not delisted until AFTER the Nov Draft so that he could be used as Trade bait. He could not have been taken in the Nov Draft only the March one.

I did read what u said... And even if they did use him as trade bait, they could have still DELISTED him BEFORE the november draft. Maybe u should read what i said.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:47 pm

They have said they want to get rid of them, but they would keep them on a trade bait list.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:03 pm

The point was woe, they still could have kept him and his belief in the club intact by NOT delisting him IN CASE THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS. If you delist a guy you take the risk that the player will be pissed off with the club and not want to get redrafted or that another club could pick them up before you by using an earlier draft pick. Even if you do redraft them they may not be the player they once were, mentally. They were in two minds about Betheras and finally chose to get rid of him after the Nov draft. Get rid of him BEFORE Nov and you seriously limit your future with that player - NO USE DOING THAT IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: