Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mike Sheahans article

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:08 am
Post subject: Mike Sheahans articleReply with quote

In the Herald Sun today Mike Sheahan says that Collingwood
have been given the most favourable draw for next year.
He actually said that it looks like it was chosen by Eddie
and Mick Malthouse and the only thing the pies didn't get
is a three goal head start in every game!
He also thinks we will actually make the finals because
of this.
Well, all I can say is it's about time we had something other
than the worst draw of the lot and if it turns out to be
favourable then good bloody luck to us!

dallas 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

that's interesting because the age gave us the second toughest draw

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:10 am

I read the AGE article first, then checked our draw.

For once (and I expect lighning to strike at any second) I agree with Mike "Hmmmnuuuumnh" Sheehan.

I think it's the best draw we've had in years, particularly considering we're the ones who request the return blockbusters v Ess, Carl & Rich.

The anticipation of 02 is beginning already...

Broadie

[This message has been edited by Broadie (edited 01 November 2001).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:23 am

I think it's a great draw - but remember it's only good cause the blockbusters, Ess, Carlton, etc. aren't probable losses anymore. Now we're expected to break even, at the very least. The draw looks a lot better when your'e a final 8 side!!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MarkT 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:30 am

I have no complaints about the draw on balance. I think we come off well for the first time I can remember. There are 2 trips to WA which is a long haul but we have the youngest list so their bodies should cope - and MM can take care ofn their minds like he did with the trips last season.

Mike Sheahan says we will make the finals BECAUSE of the draw does he?

The truth is, it does help. But I think Sheahan is just protecting his position. In the past he has as much as said we are useless and now he can predict us to make he finals because Eddie rigged the draw. He wins either way because we can't say he was wrong because we are still no good, just lucky or we don't make it and he can say he was right because he knew we were crap.

Only 1 answer - make the top 4 and and win some finals. That will shut him up and give us the last laugh. Boy will my last laugh be long and loud.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 1:10 pm

As for 2 trips to WA next year. Wasn't MM the coach of Wet Toast? Didn't they travel every 2nd week?
We should not fear travel as MM must know how to mould a team to cope with it. Remember that depending on our finishing position we may be required to travel in the first week of the finals, so we do need to make it part of our game plan.As for the draw, I'm very happy with the amount of MCG games. After all, we will play the GF there!

-Craig

FAITH

pants42 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:32 pm

This has got to be the best draw for years,this is a godsend no more exuses no more bullshit, the boys have to stand up grab the nettle and run with the ball big time.Plus what a bonus in the coffers the resurgence is happening .We all are priveleged to follow the best football side that represents all of the community, i love the Pies always will, till death do we part.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 5:35 am

What's the bitch cryin about this time ? our draw ?

well if i had anything to do with it we'd be playing melbourne 22 times.

'My God'i wouldnt go into hoddle street tonight for quids'.Bill jacobs 3aw, minutes after our premiership'That is like winning tattslotto and losing your ticket and some bloke puts it in the herald sun that he found it'Rex Hunt 3aw during the 1990 grand final'Well thats about as useful as a fly wire door in a submarine'sammy newman 3aw during the 1990 grand final

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:50 am

I know its a better draw than last year but I'm not 100% it's as good as it is made out to be.

Of the teams in the eight, we play 4 of the top 5 twice and that includes 3 preliminary finalists! Of the top 5 we get 4 of them in the first 5 rounds. That means a worse case scenario of 1 win out of 5 if things go badly against us. And we all know what happens when the confidence factor drops witha young team.

I don't think it will get to that but it is still a tough start. In addition we play two of the final eight from this year in Adelaide. If we really want to take advanage of the middle part of the season and the last two winnable games we need to be at least 3 wins from the first 5 games. No point in winning the last two games if they mean nothing......

Keep the lid on people.........

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 10:22 am

i don't think mikey understands that the pies are handicapped with a shite draw even before the draw is announced. so long as we have to play blockbuster games (against essendon, carlton, richmond, who are, i dare say, decent sides), we're always going to have one of the toughest draws.

i don't even take any notice of what sheahan says. he does a good job sometimes, in terms of uncovering a story (e.g. that malthouse was going to coach us), but his opinions are garbage.

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 12:06 am

For the first time in years no team looks *too good* for us.
For the first time in years it's the others saying Oh No we have to play Collingwood twice!
Essedon Carlton Footscray North Adelaide Melbourne Richmond Sydney...all a year older and with sides not as good as they used to be. We only have to match the consistency of Brisbane and the commitment of an equally emerging Port, and we're in.
Expect a Collingwood Port Grand Final in the next 2 to 3 years. Port is 2 years ahead of us with their developing side, but we're catching up fast.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 3:32 am

Port may be two years ahead of us but they cut too late - two years ago they needed to do what tehy're doing now. WE're a dynasty for the future cause we don't need to cut anyoe - just throw a few boys in. Plus Port had a lot of injuries in the alst few years, just bad luck that.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 10:44 am

I don't think we need to be too concerned with what shitforbrains Sheehan says. This guy has suffered from verbal and literary diarrhoea ever since I can remember.
One thing he knows though - Collingwood sells. So the more he can bash us , the better, as far as his livelihood is concerned.

The pies have to do their talking on field and on the scoreboard. This is the only way we can stick it up jerks like this.Come on season 2002!!
BJ

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 2:27 pm

Magpie Greg, the Manaku game was originally to be played at the SCG. Norf changed it for mega $$$$.

I only remember this because of the outrage from board members who had already bought advance airline tickets.

-Craig

FAITH

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 4:42 pm

I don't know about the $$$ Norf scored out of Manuka... but the "Boo-a-Roo" campaign in Sydney that had ppl booing Norf players if they came within 1 metre of the ball was probably a part of it.

Norf tried to recruit new members in Sydney by running around the SCG wearing a swans scarf while they were handing out Norfs info. (I josh you not)... it was very sad.

Go Pies!

Carol

Don't ask yourself what the club needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what Collingwood needs right now is people who have come alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: