Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It must be the off-season

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 1:22 pm
Post subject: It must be the off-seasonReply with quote

I was busy drawing and animating watches today for a web site I'm working on... and I got a bit distracted. After I'd done a couple I thought these watches are a bit boring, they need a bit of soul.

Have a look at this

The first watch is the one I was doing when I got bored.

The second is the result of my boredom.

I then got completely carried away and the 3rd is one that I borrowed from the official site and 'fixed'.

Must be the off-season

Note: they take 30 seconds or so to load, so be patient.

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 1:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Mike. I presume you're a java man?

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:10 pm

You beauty i will have a gold one for chrissy thanks mike.

'My God'i wouldnt go into hoddle street tonight for quids'.Bill jacobs 3aw, minutes after our premiership'That is like winning tattslotto and losing your ticket and some bloke puts it in the herald sun that he found it'Rex Hunt 3aw during the 1990 grand final'Well thats about as useful as a fly wire door in a submarine'sammy newman 3aw during the 1990 grand final

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:37 pm

Hey Dgen

Nice signature: Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003

But when it's summarized like that it looks a bit sad - only 3 premierships since 1936 That's in 65 years. (2003 to come of course)

but when you look at the runnersup to get an idea how many grand finals we actually played in you get:

That's another 14 grand finals we lost since 1936.
But Shivers! --- only 1 Grand Final in the last 20 years(90).

We are due big time!

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:51 am

Thanks Hiya. I was alive for the last 4 of those losses and they still hurt! There are also so many that were so close, draw 77, 1 point '66, 5 points '79, 10 points '70 for example.
We are due for another era, a dynasty. We need to win 50+% of GF's over a 5+ year period.

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 11:04 am

Only problem Mike they're slow - a minute out by my calculations (taking the position of the sun, adjusting for refractive index of the atmosphere, etc, you know how it is.)

Cause they would've been more out before Victoria started day-light-savings... lol

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 6:32 am

Dgen, it's actually a simple piece of javascript that runs the animation and controls image placement. My business has a high rural content and I have to cater for people with phone lines running along the tops of fences and systems that should have been scrapped years ago, so an important part of our design process is creating web sites that run efficiently on basic, basic, slow equipment. We don't use flash or activex and even stay away from java when we can, we don't do anything that might cause system lock-ups or line drop-outs. So we concentrate on getting the utmost in the simplest possible way. If we can achieve an effect server side or with simple scripting that's what we do.

The reason the watches were such a tedious process is that, as with all animations every movement is a new image, so I had to draw 60 hour hands, 60 minute hands and 60 second hands. That's why all the watches use the same set of hands (except for the second hand on the gold watch) - I wasn't going to do that more often than I needed.

Brown26, I know you're being deliberately pedantic, but the laugh is on you. All the watches do is reflect your system time, so it's your computer that's "a minute out... (taking the position of the sun, adjusting for refractive index of the atmosphere, etc,). Ha!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: