Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 8:26 am
Post subject: Victoria ParkReply with quote

I was wondering if our fall from grace as a AFL power is because of playing less games and no games at Victoria Park.

In todays current economic climate it would be hard to remain at Victoria Park but I feel we have sturggled mainly because of not playing there anymore.

In Skob We Trust

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We fell from grace because we ended up with a pregressively worse list, recruited poorly and lost the plot in general. (also, it coincided with my leaving the country..join the dots on that one folks!!!!!!)

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 1:00 pm

Dave...get back here now !

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 1:09 pm

Check our record at VP over the last few years there. Even bloody Brissy was kicking us there.

-Craig

FAITH

MarkT 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 1:32 pm

I have no doubt leaving Vic. Park was a negative for a number of reasons and the win loss ratio in the H&A was a factor as was alienation of some diehards as well as the general loss of the "home" feeling of being at Vic. Park on match day.

At the end of the day, the biggest influence in our demise was pathetically inept recruiting and poor trading. You can add poor business acument of the board and subsequent loss of financial power byt at the end of the day the main point is on field sucess and that depends on playing personal. We became poor performers because we had poor playing lists and no forsight.

All hail Eddie our savior!
Where would we honestly be without him?
Please answer that one with honesty Rohan - what is your opinion.

Rohan you are critical of aspects of operations and you are more than entitled to be. As I have said in the past, I agree with some of what you say and not with other things you say. I am not having a go but I am interested in your opinion as to where we were, where we are and why we got where we are.

And please people, can we stick to the fundamentles here and not slag anybody off.

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 26 October 2001).]
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 8:46 am

Our record at Vic Park from '96 onwards was ATROCIOUS.

And have any of you been into the facilities there in the past 3 years? Most local clubs would be ashamed of them.

I mourned Vic Park's loss as much as anyone, as it was THE greatest place to watch the Pies...and the losses there in the final few years hurt even more than the losses everywhere else.

Much as I hated losing it as a venue, it was basically a no-brainer if you'd taken a close look at the place and what it would take to fix it.

Broadie
ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 1:32 pm

Rohan,i must admit i felt a twinge of sadness at the demise of Vic Park.
But the reality is that the important games are in sept and they are at MCG or that other place across the road,and there is no room for sentiment regarding home grounds.
In fact Geelong have still got their home ground suburban style,the only one left,and it doesnt help them much either as when they go to the MCG for the finals they fall over.
So sadly it is that we must move on.
and by the way Rohan?
Did you learn to spell sturggled at St kevs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: