Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

COLLINGWOODS RECRIUTMENT DEPARTMENT?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 2:40 pm
Post subject: COLLINGWOODS RECRIUTMENT DEPARTMENT?Reply with quote

I am just taking a straw poll.
Are you satisfiyed on the performance of COLLINGWOODS recruiment department in this trade draft period? Are they doing the right things

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

timagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 3:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

to me they are not being aggresive enough and are not taking enough risks like this time last year.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:07 pm

I don't think they need to take risks this year - get good quality players, but dont trade our young guys for crap.

no good quality players were in our price range or were oging cheap enough (picks 11 and 27 or locks and lonie is way too expensive!) so we didn't get them.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
The Zapper 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:22 pm

To be fair you can't rate them until the drafts are over....then we will know whether our no trading policy was justified.

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 2:44 am

We don't know what we offered or what was asked of us. How can you rate our recruitment department without these details? Regardless of what happens in the draft we need the inside info to make a decision.

Premiers - 020310171927282930353653589003
Legga 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:42 am

To rate the recruiters, I think you need to look at more than just 1 trading period. Look at the last 4 years to decide whether they have done their job or not. Certainly I was terribly dissappointed to see us not be involved in trading this year, as I truly believe the improvement was due both in part to our younger players gaining more experience, but also to the mature type recruits that were introduced into the group.

As far as the recruiting goes over the last 4 years, personally I think we have been quite poor, but there are certainly extenuating circumstances for this to occur. Judkins took over an ageing list that was void of any real quality youngsters. Even MM has stated that we failed to recruit for the future for a period ove about 5 years and that is why we have gone through the pain we have.

In saying that, I also believe that we have made some pretty ordinary decisions, trade wise, and our list could certainly be stronger.

The saving grace for us this year is that because of our room left in the salary cap due to not trading, and the problems most other clubs appear to have in regards to the salary cap, we may actually be able to pick up a few reasonable players in both the November and December draft, players that have been de-listed from their clubs already. We may infact get some bargain priced players that will get a game with our senior squad, and we haven't sacrificed anything in return.

As I said orginally, we need to judge the recruiting staff over the whole journey, not just a few steps.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 5:27 am

I think this has been done to death and most posters opinions are known. For the sake of the argument, I think they have done well in the last few years but it has been relatively easy due to our ladder position. Prior to that they have done very poorly for 10 years. I am talking by and large about a different crew though so the assessment has to be viewd in that light.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: