Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Draft

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:02 pm
Post subject: DraftReply with quote

Interesting to see a list of the possible top ten picks in the draft as indicated on the AFL website. Young guns like Rodan/Del Santo/Ladson were not in the top ten....I make a plea to the collingwood recruitment guys to picks 2 talls (pref defenders) with our first two picks ie 11 & 27 and with our third pick 43 a possible medium size midfielder if of resonable quality and available. If the draft is as deep as publiscized then up to about the 40 mark we should be able to get some quality...But defenders should be our priority......please get me a full back pies....

Louis

buckers5 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 4:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with u daicosforever we desperately need to get a key defender or two , but u should always take the best player avaliable , rather than pick for position , but we need key defenders

Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 4:49 pm

Any key position is going to be a two year project though, by that time Kinnear and Cloak will be there. Presti is there too, he's just underated and not flamboyant so no one recognises him!

So take the best player I say, but look to what we will need to replace in two or three years time - Richo will be retiring about then (hopefully with a premiership medal), Molloy and Rocca will be ageing, Rintoul will be old.

But take the best player available, that's what we need.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:27 am

Draft the best player. Forget where he plays or what his build is if he will develope.
If you want to fill a position immediately you have to do it via trading. If you want to fill a position in 2 to 3 years you can do it via the draft but it can be costly if pass up talent looking for a posional player.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:51 am

its also that dreaded delisting time. The time that the clubs and players dread but it has to be undertaken to ensure improvement in the list. Does any body think who will be delisted from the list? Here are my delisting suggestions and resons why.
1. mckee another richmond dud who really doesn't do much i hate him, its a disgrace he his playing under malthouse
2. lane he stuggles and it shows where do you play him what sort of footballer is he.
3. wasley just hasn't steped up to the plate has never had.
4. scotland malthouse hates him and he was put up for trade
5. betherus and freeborn are hanging by a thread to keep their place.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

JiMc 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:10 pm

My delisting are as follows:

1. Baynes - confirmed a few weeks ago
2. Stone - confirmed a few weeks ago
3. Wasley - Plenty of speed but injuries have taken their toll and is probably too prone to them now to be retained.
4. Tuckey - He has been at the club since the start of 1997, and way too long to be there another season without being a regular.

If there is the possibility of Misiti coming our way then I would assume that Lane and/or Ukovic will too be given their marching orders. Both are serviceable players but not considered to be part of our best 22.

Players that others have mentioned:

Roach - next season will be his 3rd so I guess next year will be crunch time. 50-50

Shaw - Can play but probably suffered from second year blues this year. He will be kept.

McKee - Has to be kept cause we dont have a backup to Josh. Season 2000 he suffered from Legionnaires and this season had the shoulder problem. Showed early season that he can play so he will be kept. Cant expect Richards to fill the void next season.

I was wondering however on some the Rookies at the club like Hill and Lovett-Murray. Does anybody think they will be moved onto the senior list next season?

gO pIeS

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:28 pm

I don't think ukavic or freeborn are in teh clubs future plans so may be dellisted.

betheras, lane and dimatina probably aren't either, but they may be able to get something for them in the draft next year.

those players, and wasly, scotland, shaw, have to be able to break into teh side next year, they're all fighting for a bout three spots - fighting with didak, johnson and adkins.

I don't think they'll win, although shaw may be kept if he can learn to kick at speed, and scotland is good, he may be kept in case of injury, although if he dosesn't get seniors time he will leave.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:47 am

ukovis better get delisted he's doing nothing for the team. even the commentators for the vfl wee mocking him saying 'oh no ukovic has it' as he managed to stuff it up every time.
he was alright last year but this year it just hasnt happened.

oh yeah and i thought wasley was (unfortunately) contracted til the end of next season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: